The Great 2015 M*A*S*H Episode Poll has concluded. Last month, visitors to MASH4077TV.com chose “Goodbye, Farewell and Amen” as their favorite episode of the series. The results were very close, with “Goodbye, Farewell and Amen” topping the poll by just one vote. “Dear Sigmund” came in second and “Adam’s Ribs” came in third.
A total of 221 votes were cast, the second largest number of votes cast during the entire Great 2015 M*A*S*H Episode Poll (only Season 5’s favorite episode poll in May drew more votes with 229). All of the episodes received votes, with “‘Twas the Day After Christmas” in last place with four votes; “Where There’s a Will There’s a War” received five votes. Those two episodes tied in the Season 10 poll. Here are the full results:
- Goodbye, Farewell and Amen (Season 11) (18%, 40 Votes)
- Dear Sigmund (Season 5) (18%, 39 Votes)
- Adam’s Ribs (Season 3) (17%, 38 Votes)
- 5 O’Clock Charlie (Season 2) (14%, 31 Votes)
- Death Takes a Holiday (Season 9) (7%, 15 Votes)
- Tuttle (Season 1) (6%, 13 Votes)
- Good-Bye Radar, Part 2 (Season 8) (5%, 12 Votes)
- Welcome to Korea (Season 4) (5%, 10 Votes)
- The Billfold Syndrome (Season 7) (3%, 7 Votes)
- The Smell of Music (Season 6) (3%, 7 Votes)
- Where There’s a Will There’s a War (Tie, S10) (2%, 5 Votes)
- ‘Twas the Day After Christmas (Tie, S10) (2%, 4 Votes)
Personally, I voted for “Adam’s Ribs” rather than “Goodbye, Farewell and Amen” or “Death Takes a Holiday” because I think M*A*S*H was at its very best when it was hilarious and absurd. Hawkeye trying to ship ribs from Chicago to Korea is certainly absurd and hilarious. That’s not a knock on the more dramatic episodes–after all, “Death Takes a Holiday” is one of my favorites.
Hit the comments with your reactions to the results. Which episode did you vote for and why?
A big thank you to everyone who participated in the Great 2015 M*A*S*H Episode Poll last year. For the two or three people wondering if I’ll do the same thing for AfterMASH, I’ll only say it’s a possibility.