The 50th anniversary of M*A*S*H is getting a lot of attention from the news media, both print and online. David G. suggested gathering links to local and national newspaper articles about the 50th anniversary so everyone can read and enjoy them. Maybe international articles as well, if anyone stumbles across any. Plus magazine articles, television coverage available online, or anything of interest to M*A*S*H fans celebrating the 50th anniversary.
Here are a few links to get started:
- Alan Alda on ‘M*A*S*H’: ‘Everybody Had Something Taken From Them’ – The New York Times (9/16)
- ‘M*A*S*H’ at 50: War Is Hell(arious) – The New York Times (9/16)
- The impact of M*A*S*H a half-century after its debut – The Spokesman-Review (9/15)
- ‘M*A*S*H’ turns 50: How Alan Alda’s wartime CBS dramedy changed TV, and set ratings record – USA Today (9/15)
- It’s a M*A*S*H World Now: Remembering the great antiwar TV series 50 Years later – The Smart Set (9/15)
- Tyrades! Happy 50th Anniversary, M*A*S*H, Maude and Kung Fu – Lewis County Herald (9/15)
- “50 things about ‘M*A*S*H’ as the TV series celebrates its 50th anniversary” – Los Angeles Daily News (9/14)
- TV Rewind: Why M*A*S*H’s Warm Acceptance of Both Klinger and Father Mulcahy Is Its Greatest Legacy – Paste Magazine (9/9)
- Alan Alda on 50 Years of ‘M*A*S*H’: We Never ‘Realized How Successful the Show Was’ – Parade (9/2)
- The Magic of ‘M*A*S*H’: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Iconic Series – Parade (9/2)
Share any other articles in the comments and I’ll add them to the list.