Radar’s Teddy Bear for Sale

If you have $22,000 to spare, you can be the proud owner of the original prop teddy bear used on M*A*S*H as Radar’s unnamed teddy bear. The bear is currently listed on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $22,400 (discounted by 30% from $32,000). But you have to act quick. The 30% off sale ends in a little over three days. The fixed-price listing went live on August 11th. The bear is being offered for sale by James Pepper Rare Books, Inc.

Image of Radar's teddy bear, taken from an eBay listing.

Radar’s Teddy Bear for Sale
Courtesy of eBay/James Pepper Rare Books, Inc.

The prop bear last sold at auction in March 2014 for $14,300 through One of a Kind Collectibles. The seller back then? None other than Gary Burghoff himself. The actor included a notarized letter explaining how the bear prop (which he secretly named Tiger) had gone missing in the early 1980s. Burghoff purchased the teddy bear in July 2005 when it resurfaced as part of the 22nd Profiles in History Hollywood Auction. It sold for $11,000.

The current listing on eBay includes the same notarized letter, as well as two black-and-white photographs. I’ll be keeping on eye on the listing to see if it eventually sells.

God if only I was rich. I would LOVE to have this. I can imagine it sitting up on the shelf in my office next to some of my M*A*S*H items from over the years.

• Terry says:

Wow I have a duplicate of Radar’s teddy bear that I have had 4 /over 60 years in excellent condition. I wonder what it would be worth

• Lt Radar says:

Hmm… I’m glad that it’s not in such great condition – it’s stopping me from being crazy and impulsive at buying it haha

Looks pretty much like show condition to me. My first reaction was actually how well it’s held up over the years.

I’ll just put it on my card, wife won’t mind right? Who needs a house and food and clothes anyways.

Tiger is an interesting name for the teddy bear.

• David G. says:

I’m going to put up the missing eye for a starting bid of $600.

• Michael Scarola says:

The bear is still up for auction. I’m surprised a collector didn’t buy it.

• angela says:

I love 4077 mash

a I love hawkeye and radar to and radar teddy bear

• Larry McCartt says:

How come the. teddy bear in the photo with Radar has 6 toes on its hind legs but tedddybearup for sale or auction has none ? Huh ?

• NANCY says:

THERE IS ANOTHER VERRSIOKN OF THE MASH BEAR THAT I RECEIVED AS A CHILD OF 6 YEARS OLD IN 1956 IT IS IN JUST ABOUT THE SAME SHAPE EXCEPT FOR THE BELLY IS ALL BROWN AND THE RIBBON IS GONE AND HIS NAME IS TIPPY. WOULDN’T GIVE HIM UP FOR LOVE OR MONEY BUT WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HE MIGHT BE WORTH FOR FUTURE REFERENCE