Revamping the MASH4077TV.com Forums

Important information about the forums can be found here. Be sure to read any and all posts made here. Members can also post questions and make suggestions.
RJ
General of the Army

Revamping the MASH4077TV.com Forums

Post by RJ »

I have been thinking about tinkering with the MASH4077TV.com forums in the new year. Currently, there are just three "forums" in which to post:
Administration
General Discussion
Off-Topic
My plan is to split off the Adminsitration and Off-Topic "forums" and add two additional M*A*S*H-related ones:
Administration

M*A*S*H
-General Discussion
-Episode Discussion
-Fun & Games

Off-Topic
Games seem to be popular with M*A*S*H fans and I think the Forums can sustain a few games running at once. Within the Episode Discussion would be individual threads for all 251 episodes, perhaps split into eleven sub-forums to make it easier to find specific threads.

Thoughts?
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: Revamping the MASH4077TV.com Forums

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I'm game. I like the ideas myself.
Obie
Corporal

Post by Obie »

Hey, yeah! I like this idea, too. So, when do you start?

Miss Ginger
Miss Ginger
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I just finished rearranging the various forums, created two polls in the new Games & Polls forum and the created the first 13 episode threads from Season One in the Episode Discussion forum. I decided not to create subforums for each season but that can be done at a later date if having 251 threads becomes unwieldy (which I suspect it might).
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I think we can safely say this revamp didn't really spark the sort of interest I had hoped for. I think a lot of people are only visiting the General Discussion forum and ignoring the other two.

Any objections to merging the General Discussion, Episode Discussion and Fun & Games forums back into one General Discussion forum?
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I think part of the problem is these places (BCA as well) go through periods of lull, since a lot of people have this thing that they like to try to avoid, called "Life"... :? Life... who needs it?

-_-

But yeah, I don't think it's so much lack of interest, just people getting caught up in life. Like I said, BCA's been quiet lately too.
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

Due to lack of activity, I have deleted the Fun & Games forum and moved all the threads and posts to the General Discussion forum, where they will hopefully be seen by more people.