M.A.S.H's Greatest Hits LP

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
VinylEstateSale
Private

M.A.S.H's Greatest Hits LP

Post by VinylEstateSale »

I have a very nice copy of M.A.S.H's Greatest Hits LP; it is not autographed or anything but is in great shape (jacket and disc). Looking to see if there is any interest among forum members for this item.

MASHGuy
Corporal

Re: M.A.S.H's Greatest Hits LP

Post by MASHGuy »

I wish I had a record player. :potter:
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

Do you have a track listing? Or anything about how many of these were made? I have seen at least three up for auction over the past few years but very little actual information about the contents.
BigT112
Private

Post by BigT112 »

A track listing would be awesome! Is it songs from the show or movie? If it is from the show I want it x1000000
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I believe the album contains the cast and crew singing songs (Christmas songs, perhaps) from 1976 or 1977. It is not music from either the movie or the series. A very limited number of albums were issued, likely only to the cast and crew, which is why they so rarely show up for auction.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

It's almost kind of like how the cast of Hogan's Heroes (sans Hogan) put out an album themselves...

BigT112
Private

Post by BigT112 »

Is it from the movie or the TV show. The cover of the LP is from the movie, you can tell from the chopper. It is a Bell 47G and in the show they only used Bell47D except for the pilot when a Bell 47J was shown even though they weren't used in Korea. Fun Fact.
VinylEstateSale
Private

Post by VinylEstateSale »

Sorry guys, I forgot I posted to this forum and frankly was expecting email notifications of replies. I still have the album; it's basically "musical numbers" from various M*A*S*H episodes. A way for fans to relive the episodes before the YouTube days. If someone wants to make an offer... here or at vinylestatesale(at)gmail(dot)com