Running nurses

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Running nurses

Post by Brass Monkeys »

I recently learned who the five 'running nurses' from the opening credits are. I find it so sad to learn that one of them is dead, and the others are close to, if not, in their seventies. They were beautiful and athletic young ladies when it was filmed. I wish we could all be the same age as we were in reruns
RJ
General of the Army

Re: Running nurses

Post by RJ »

I sometimes feel the same way when I watch a TV show from the 1950s/1960s/1970s and realize how much time has passed.
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Post by Brass Monkeys »

I guess Iv`e always been a little morbid about the passing of time. When I see the videos of people at the outdoor set, and seeing where all of the tents used to be,and knowing that all of the laughter, and sometimes tears , that were filmed here will never happen again, is quite sad. I know there are new shows and memories to be made, but none of the memories, in my mind, will be as good as MASH memories.
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Post by Brass Monkeys »

I guess I missed the hey day of this sight. I thought there would be more back and forth conversations. Last try! Does anyone know who said, and what was the whole line, that included my user name " Brass Monkeys"? I have more clues if needed!
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Post by Brass Monkeys »

Oops! I forgot to say "brass monkeys" is from a MASH episode.