2009 TVLand Awards

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
LAshleyRe22
Private

2009 TVLand Awards

Post by LAshleyRe22 »

Does anyone know where I can watch online the MASH acceptance speech from the 2009 TVLand Awards?

Thanks for any help!

Lyndsay
RJ
General of the Army

Re: 2009 TVLand Awards

Post by RJ »

I don't know if you've seen this post at my blog about the 2009 TV Land Awards. It doesn't include any video, unfortunately, but it has a few pictures and a transcript of Alan Alda's speech accepting the Impact Award.

TV Land used to have the video at its website but it's been gone for years. I didn't get TV Land back in 2009, so I didn't record the awards show. I can't find it on YouTube, either, which is a little odd. Somebody has to have it.
LAshleyRe22
Private

Post by LAshleyRe22 »

Thank you for the info! After a lengthy search online I assumed video was nowhere to be found, but figured if it were anywhere you guys would know about! :lol: I used to record the TV Land Award shows each year, but this one has gotten lost in the midst of moving multiple times over the years.

Thanks again for the info. I'm glad to have found this site/forum and fellow hardcore MASH fans.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice; pull down your pants and slide on the ice."

Lyndsay
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I have it on tape, but unfortunately, I'm not even sure how I could try to get and post it online, as the VCR half of my DVD recorder keeps acting up and won't play certain tapes, and to top it all off, apparently nobody manufactures my prefered recordable DVDs anymore (+RW), so I just really don't know how I could get it to share.
RadarHawkLips
Private

Post by RadarHawkLips »

Do you all watch mash on Netflix? They are going to take it off if we don't speak up! There is a petition located at this link https://www.change.org/p/netflix-netfli ... m=copylink. Also, tell everyone you know with a Netflix account to stream an episode of mash (as well as sign the petition) so we can get Netflix's attention! Any help is greatly appreciated! :D
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

RadarHawkLips wrote:Do you all watch mash on Netflix? They are going to take it off if we don't speak up! There is a petition located at this link https://www.change.org/p/netflix-netfli ... m=copylink. Also, tell everyone you know with a Netflix account to stream an episode of mash (as well as sign the petition) so we can get Netflix's attention! Any help is greatly appreciated! :D
Why don't you just buy the DVDs and that way once you purchase them, you'll have them for whenever you want to watch them? Or, is putting a DVD into a player and navigating through a menu too strenuous for you?
RadarHawkLips
Private

Post by RadarHawkLips »

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:
RadarHawkLips wrote:Do you all watch mash on Netflix? They are going to take it off if we don't speak up! There is a petition located at this link https://www.change.org/p/netflix-netfli ... m=copylink. Also, tell everyone you know with a Netflix account to stream an episode of mash (as well as sign the petition) so we can get Netflix's attention! Any help is greatly appreciated! :D
Why don't you just buy the DVDs and that way once you purchase them, you'll have them for whenever you want to watch them? Or, is putting a DVD into a player and navigating through a menu too strenuous for you?
Trust me Radar O'Reilly, I would love to have the DVDs! The only problem is that streaming them off of Netflix doesn't cost me over 100 dollars for 12 seasons. On the other hand, I am going to need to resort to the DVDs since Netflix has removed the show.