M*A*S*H Tribute Video

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

M*A*S*H Tribute Video

Post by Garbage Officer »

I made a video that I thought I'd share with you all. I noticed there's not an amazing amount of video's out there for M*A*S*H so I'm hoping you like it.

Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Re: M*A*S*H Tribute Video

Second video.

Garbage Officer
Sergeant

I made this tribute to M*A*S*H but sadly Sony Vegas decided to refuse to render it as I had it, so I had to cut it to half the length & wasn't able to complete it with the clips I wanted. I even had to put some clips in here that I hadn't wanted to, so some bits are really nicely synched and other bits looks a bit more crappy.

Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Mrs Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Mrs Tuttle »

Garbage Officer wrote:Second video.

Hey i watched all your videos.. They are great :) I loved this one ^^ The one about :hawkeye: with the Coldplay song.. It all fitted so well..
Good job!
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Thanks. I have a Hawkeye bias, lol! That's why he gets his own video. :P
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

Garbage Officer wrote: Innocent Tribute Video
I'm torn between this one and the Lost one for my favourite tribute video. Excellent work! It made me love M*A*S*H twice as much as I did before!! Thanks.

So I just finished a video of my own...but isn't it kinda against the YouTube copyright rules to upload footage from a TV show that you don't own? Just wondering how strict they are on this.
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Jeeter wrote:
Garbage Officer wrote: Innocent Tribute Video
I'm torn between this one and the Lost one for my favourite tribute video. Excellent work! It made me love M*A*S*H twice as much as I did before!! Thanks.

So I just finished a video of my own...but isn't it kinda against the YouTube copyright rules to upload footage from a TV show that you don't own? Just wondering how strict they are on this.
You can have two favourites. ;)

Yep, you aren't supposed to. So far, except one incident, the MASH videos have been fine. You just never know what'll set them off. They don't tend to ban or suspend an account for uploading a video. Usually, the most common issues I have is the video is blokced in Germany or they disable the audio. Just upload it. It'll be fine. :)
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

So this is my first video/tribute even though it's not much of a tribute. I did it just to get used to the program and everything and it was actually pretty annoying making it. lol

There probably could have been a bit more editing done just to make it a bit smoother but oh well...
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Listening to those sneezes as one video is sooo annoying, lol! I feel really sorry for BJ & Charles if they had to listen to that. ;)
What programme did you use to make it?

A lot of people make picture tributes when they first start out so you're doing fine.
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

Garbage Officer wrote:Listening to those sneezes as one video is sooo annoying, lol! I feel really sorry for BJ & Charles if they had to listen to that. ;)
What programme did you use to make it?

A lot of people make picture tributes when they first start out so you're doing fine.
I used the free version of VideoPad Video Editor. Thankfully there's no watermarks and it actually outputs decent file sizes unlike Windows Movie Maker. This 30 second clip was 10.8MB. It also handles .avi files very well so I didn't have to convert anything to make it easier.

Yeah...picture tributes can only go so far. To be honest, they're kinda boring to make.

I didn't want to use any transitions because I wanted the sneezes to be rapid fire. :P
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

WMM is terrible to use, I hate it. I used it when I first made a couple of picture videos when I was learning but I prefer using Sony Vegas, it's a much easier to use programme, even if it does have a hissy fit when you add too many files. I'm currently working on a new video to Under Pressure and am having to make it in parts. I've done the start up to the end of the first chorus. Might take a while, but I'll get there!
I don;t always use transitions either. The one I'm making at the minute has none, except the lead in from the title to the first image. Just depends on the song. Like with Innocent I used all different transitions but when I made Lost all I did was leave a space between each clip to make a black 'flash'. That worked well with the beat of the song but not all have such an easy to follow beat.
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

How hard was it to add the spaces to the beat of the song? I wondered how you did that.
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Jeeter wrote:How hard was it to add the spaces to the beat of the song? I wondered how you did that.
It was really easy. I added the clip, made sure the marker on screen was at the end of the clip and just moved the arrow one space to the right to leave the same gap for every beat, before adding the next clip.
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Re-made the Under Pressure tribute Much happier about this version as I think the first one could have been a lot better, but SV kept crashing I had to fudge it. Now, I've re-made it and am a lot happier. If you've seen the first, you'll be able to see I did take a small section and put it in here, just because I didn;t want to have to try and synch that certain section again.