Newbie intro

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Corpsman Bob
Private

Newbie intro

Post by Corpsman Bob »

Hi there,
I presume i introduce myself here. My real name is Tony , i live in the middle of England.

i started watching MASH just after it actually finished and they started re-runs on Wednesday nights, i got into it just towards the end of Col Blakes tenure as CO.

My favs
Character ............. Col Potter
Episode(s) .............. MASH Olympics / Death takes a holiday
Statements............ ``Ladies and gentlemen take my advice pull down your pants and slide on the ice`` ........ and of course all the Potterisms

Anyway thats it for now

Cheers Bob
Ladies and Gentleman take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the the ice.
RJ
General of the Army

Re: Newbie intro

Post by RJ »

Welcome to the forums, Bob. Being from England, have you ever seen the show with a laugh track?
Obie
Corporal

Post by Obie »

Welcome! An English accent will be a nice counterpart to my deep, southern drawl. Look forward to your posts.
Miss Ginger
Grove17
Sergeant

Post by Grove17 »

welcome!!! Im pretty new myself, i hope more people start to sign up there doesn't seem to be to many active members.
Best Care Anywhere
Corpsman Bob
Private

Post by Corpsman Bob »

Thanks for the welcomes, i have seen the show with a laugh track don`t pay much attention to it.
Ladies and Gentleman take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the the ice.
Ranger
Corporal

Post by Ranger »

Corpsman Bob wrote:Hi there,
I presume i introduce myself here. My real name is Tony , i live in the middle of England.

i started watching MASH just after it actually finished and they started re-runs on Wednesday nights, i got into it just towards the end of Col Blakes tenure as CO.

My favs
Character ............. Col Potter
Episode(s) .............. MASH Olympics / Death takes a holiday
Statements............ ``Ladies and gentlemen take my advice pull down your pants and slide on the ice`` ........ and of course all the Potterisms

Anyway thats it for now

Cheers Bob
Ah yes, Wednesday nights BBC2 9 o'clock I remember it well. Perhaps you can clear up what might be a false memory for me, but was it mentioned on the 9 o'clock news that they were going to repeat M*A*S*H as I' sure that happened but I was only about 9 or 10 so I could be getting mixed up.
Corpsman Bob
Private

Post by Corpsman Bob »

Ah yes, Wednesday nights BBC2 9 o'clock I remember it well. Perhaps you can clear up what might be a false memory for me, but was it mentioned on the 9 o'clock news that they were going to repeat M*A*S*H as I' sure that happened but I was only about 9 or 10 so I could be getting mixed up.[/quote]

Can`t remember myself ............reading you other posts ,i could just murder 2 manx kippers and some bread and butter, my aunt used to holiday in the Isle of Man and send us a box of kippers by post i remember that ........... food........... yum yum
Corpsman Bob
Private

Post by Corpsman Bob »

i wish i could get the quote thing right lol