(09x06) 204 - A War for all Seasons

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
100%
Above average
No votes
Average
No votes
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 3

RJ
General of the Army

(09x06) 204 - A War for all Seasons

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss 09x06: A War for all Seasons.
Father Angus
Private

Re: (09x06) 204 - A War for all Seasons

Post by Father Angus »

This is hands down my best episode. However, I know there's a lot of continuity errors, and does anybody have a list of all (or nearly all) of the continuity errors from this episode? Thanks!
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (09x06) 204 - A War for all Seasons

Post by Ferret Face »

While the show's continuity issues don't really bother me, I can easily see how this episode may put off anybody who is bothered by it, since it makes it that much more messy. But that aside, this was a truly ingenious episode IMO (and going back-to-back with "Death Takes a Holiday," it really helps to show how great the dramedy dichotomy could be).

I loved the way the episode showed the different plots throughout the season, as Mulcahy grew his corn, Hawkeye and BJ built a kidney machine, and the thing Margaret was knitting kept evolving. But the thing that stood out the most for me was Klinger and Charles betting against everyone during the baseball season. There were so many great moments in that story, as Charles went from disinterested to obsessed, and it was all helped by David Ogden Stiers' acting. Honestly, I'd say this was easily his greatest comedic acting of the series. Plus, I loved the book-end scenes of the New Years party, as Potter's speech became more wary after a whole year in the war had passed. It gives the episode a great sense of poignancy.