(08x20) 193 - Lend a Hand

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
No votes
Average
No votes
Below average
100%
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 1

RJ
General of the Army

(08x20) 193 - Lend a Hand

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss 08x20: Lend a Hand.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (08x20) 193 - Lend a Hand

Post by Ferret Face »

Out of all the episodes up to this point, I think this one has suffered the most from multiple viewings. I used to really like this one, but I don't really care that much for it now. I'm not even that bothered by the fact that Borelli was nothing like he was in "The Consultant" (though I do think it might have worked better if he was playing a different character, since it wouldn't be the first time someone played two characters on this show), but nearly everything else about that story seemed so forced. His constant controlling was so over-the-top and cringey, as was Hawkeye's constant bickering with him, and the ending where they have to work together... None of that worked for me. The best parts of that story were when the Corporal scolded them for being so petty.

As for the side story with the party, it did have some mildly funny moments, but was mostly forgettable.