(01x16) 016 - The Ringbanger

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
100%
Average
No votes
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 1

RJ
General of the Army

(01x16) 016 - The Ringbanger

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss episode 01x16, The Ringbanger.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (01x16) 016 - The Ringbanger

Post by Ferret Face »

I kind of feel like this is a bit of a retread of the second half of "Bananas, Crackers and Nuts," with Hawkeye (and in this case Trapper) trying to make someone believe they're losing it. So for that reason, I used to undervalue this episode a bit. But I've recently come to really enjoy this one, even more so than the previous attempt at this kind of story.

Leslie Nielsen's presence definitely helps. I find the character interesting, in that he's actually pretty charismatic, at least until you start to learn about his worst qualities. And I think Leslie Nielsen does a great job with that dichotomy. And I love the way Hawkeye manipulates his character, as well as the other main characters, throughout the episode. Getting him to think that Frank's gay and a cross dresser, getting Margaret to come on to him, and pretending Henry's a drunk (well, even more than he actually is) and is in a relationship with Margaret. It really makes the most out of the ensemble, and it all comes together so well at the end of the episode.