Season 10 General Discussion

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Season 10 General Discussion

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

So anyway, there's really only one episode I like from this season, and that's "Twas the Day After Christmas" (though, honestly, doesn't it seem like B.J. and Kellye wearing those caps only served as a reminded that Radar isn't there anymore?)

I think this was also the season where Charles actually has a MOMENT with Hawkeye, regarding the difference in their relationships with their fathers? I think that may have been one of, if not Charles's finest moment on the show.

Other than that, I find it to be a pretty forgettable season as well.
RICHB40
Private

Re: Season Ten General Discussion

Post by RICHB40 »

Reading comments on season seven, eight and nine I felt the comments where unfair. Maybe it's because these are the seasons I was allowed to stay up and watch from 79 - 81 on a Wednesday night on BBC2 I just felt the writing and comedy where really good. However I'm half way through season ten and there is a distinct lack in quality. The two parter opener is awful to begin with
Moe_Hawk
Corporal

Post by Moe_Hawk »

I'll written more on this on the fav episodes thread BDOR but I've got to side with Richb40 here...

I thought the last few seasons of Mash were very strong despite a few clunkers and it's hard to see exactly what it is that you don't like. Whilst there are certainly a few down or nothing episodes this season also has a lot of challenging, really funny, creative episodes in it, some which really develop the characters... at a glance (having not yet done a r/v, I would say above average episodes include:
Wheelers and Dealers
Snap Judgement and the sequel
Twas the Day after Christmas
Follies of the Living concerns of the Dead
Blood and Guts
Where there's a will there's a war
Heroes
Sons and Bowlers
That Darn Kid

And of course one of my favourites of all time, Picture this

I'm going to scrutinise your ratings in the other thread a bit but it seems to me that at a time when the show adds a lot of depth to the story, you really seem to pull away in terms of enjoyment of the show.

I really hope u contribute to my reviews in the future because I think you and I have much to debate
RICHB40
Private

Post by RICHB40 »

Actually only the beginning of series ten is poor the rest of 10 and 11 is really good. All of what you say above is true. The true value of any show is when the characters flesh out. :charles: :mulcahy: :potter: