(08x04) 177 - Good-bye, Radar, Part 1

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
No votes
Average
25%
Below average
75%
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 4

Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

(08x04) 177 - Good-bye, Radar, Part 1

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I think everybody can agree that Radar was unlikable in this episode, what with how snappy and angry he was throughout, though it seems to have been mostly Gary's own frustrations shining through in his performances.
kkt
Sergeant

Re: (08x04) 177 - Good-bye, Radar, Part 1

Post by kkt »

Yes, he was out of character, though I am not sure if it's Burghoff's feelings showing through or the way it was written.

I think the episode would have been better without the back and forth of whether he's going or not, and done in a single half hour.

Also, it is hard to believe Klinger getting the clerk's job. Outrageous behavior, dresses, going AWOL every 20 minutes. The surgeons get away with outrageous behavior because they're the best surgeons in Korea, that's believable, but why does Klinger get away with it? He's not the best surgeon in Korea, he's not even the best sentry, food server, or orderly in Korea. But that gets rewarded with possibly the most important job of the enlisted personnel in the camp?