(07x18) 165 - The Price

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
33%
Average
67%
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 3

Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

(07x18) 165 - The Price

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I thought it was rather touching how Potter gave Sophie to Cho Pak, the camp laundryman who used to be a famous colonel in the South Korean cavalry, and feels disgraced to be reduced to being a laundryman; he wears his old uniform and rides around on Sophie to relive his glory days and forget his humiliation - Potter saw as much as he loved Sophie, someone loved her even more, and let him have her. Sad that in the end, Cho Pak died, but as his daughter told him, he left with honor, pride, and dignity.

The other plots were interesting as well - Hawkeye and B.J. were true to character and to themselves as anti-war officers in trying to hide Ham the boy who was evading the Korean M.P.s from being drafted into their army, even though he left his buddies behind as they were being grabbed and forced into the army against their will. Love how Klinger kept trying to gain big money in order to bribe Potter into giving him a Section 8 (something he actually tried with Henry, though it didn't go too well)... it's surprising that Klinger didn't resort to bribing sooner, unless he was saving it as a last, desperate measure.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (07x18) 165 - The Price

Post by Ferret Face »

I think all three stories had great moments. The highlight was the scene where Potter let the Korean soldier keep Sophie, which was strengthened by Harry Morgan's great acting. I also liked Charles tricking the soldiers into leaving the Swamp without realizing it was Ham in the bed. And there were a few funny moments with him trying to bribe Potter. Unfortunately, I'd say all three of these stories were a bit uneven. Potter's story took a bit too long to really get going, Ham's story wasn't that great overall, and Klinger's plan wasn't one of his better ones.