(07x10) 157 - Baby, it's Cold Outside

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
100%
Average
No votes
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 3

Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

(07x10) 157 - Baby, it's Cold Outside

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Another cold snap episode that I really like; leave it to Charles's parents to send him a polar suit in the mail, and of course he's going to flaunt it in front of everybody else who's freezing, even though they're wearing layers of sweaters, jackets, and overcoats (did it really get THAT cold in Korea?)

Once again, Klinger almost went home, however, his hearing did manage to come back in the end, which kept him in Korea, but you couldn't help but feel concerned for him as much as he was freaking out over his loss of hearing.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (07x10) 157 - Baby, it's Cold Outside

Post by Ferret Face »

This episode combined two types of episodes that were used quite a lot throughout the series: comedic episodes where somebody receives something that everyone's jealous of, and more tense/dramatic stories where they have to deal with wounded under harsher conditions than usual. While I can see how some people may feel like these types of stories might have gotten a bit old (especially the former type of story), they're both tropes that I loved. The story of the coat was great, once again using Charles' selfishness to great affect. I especially loved his attempts to get the gloves back from Margaret. And of course, the more serious story with the frozen soldiers was very effective as well. I really liked seeing them trying to fight off the cold, and especially the part where they ended up using the coffins as bath tubs.