(06x20) 142 - What's Up Doc?

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
100%
Average
No votes
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 2

Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

(06x20) 142 - What's Up Doc?

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Great episode. It's got Radar, and a bunny, what more can you ask?

However, I do have a few notes about this episode:

We all know Margaret has a pregnancy scare in this episode, which she determines by the symptoms she's been experiencing, including morning sickness, irritability, and talks about she's not sure if she's about to miss her period. In the end, it turns out that she's not pregnant, and the symptoms she was experiencing were gallbladder trouble.

I know they tried to make sure that the show was as medically accurate as possible, with Dr. Walter D. Dishell, MD on staff as the show's medical advisor, but are those really the symptoms of gallbladder trouble? I don't think so. My mom had gallbladder trouble back in the summer, even had surgery to have it removed (and unfortunately, she's still never been quite right since), but she didn't experience the symptoms Margaret did. In fact, the only symptom my mom had was severe, excruitiating pain deep in her side. So how was it decided that Margaret's almost-pregnancy symptoms were associated with her gallbladder?

I've been rewatching "What's Up Doc?" (6x20) lately (mainly for the bunny storyline), but I'm confused as to why that patient just suddenly took Charles hostage... I mean, Charles really didn't do anything, he just tried to talk to him like B.J. had been trying to since the beginning of the episode, then he just suddenly pulls out that gun and takes him hostage. All Charles said that he understands how he feels being a man of education and "breeding" and how the army is no place for Ivy Leaguers like them, so he understands completely.