(08x07) 180 - Nurse Doctor

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
33%
Above average
33%
Average
No votes
Below average
33%
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 3

edmund0901
Private

(08x07) 180 - Nurse Doctor

Post by edmund0901 »

I always thought the Hawkeye and nurse Harris could have been a good couple together. Once Harris got over being sweet on
Father Mulcahy which obviously couldn't go anywhere and Hawkeye took over training her for her medical aptitude test something could have developed if Hawkeye had approached her differently. Except for Father Mulcahy nurse Harris was very cynical with a rough exterior it would be difficult to get through to and Hawkeye's playful ways would not work with her. If Hawkeye had just been serious toward her he could eventually have asked her out in a quiet manner which she would have appreciated.
kkt
Sergeant

Re: NURSE DOCTOR (08x07) 176

Post by kkt »

After Harris made a fool of herself with Father Mulcahy, I don't think she was about to fall for anyone else at MASH. And I didn't see Hawkeye being really smitten with her. To him, she was just a female, and he did the reflexive over-the-top flirting he did with all the new females.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Re: (08x07) 180 - Nurse Doctor

Post by Ferret Face »

Not one of the better Mulcahy episodes IMO. There were a few parts of the episode I did like, such as Hawkeye's reaction to the situation, Potter's lecture to Hawkeye, Mulcahy and Margaret, and a few decent moments in the side story, but for the most part it fell kind of flat IMO. I do like the idea of the story, but I think it could have been handled better.
JocularityGirl
Corporal

Re: (08x07) 180 - Nurse Doctor

Post by JocularityGirl »

My favorite MASH of all time!!! I love Father Mulcahy and Gail together! I wrote a fanfiction that I sadly can't post yet because the only internet I have is on my phone. :( Someday though, I'll get it up!
Mulcahy/Gail forever!! :)
"She hugged the stuffing out of me!" :lol:
Father Mulcahy: "A faith of convience is a hollow faith."