(02x06) 030 - Kim

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
100%
Average
No votes
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 3

Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

(02x06) 030 - Kim

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

This episode was truly Trapper's shining moment throughout the entire series. I mean really, this is probably the only really great episode that featured Trapper heavily in the main plot; not only that, but we see Trapper in a different light rather than just as Hawkeye's mirror.

Come to think of it, just about everybody shined in this episode, even Frank showed genuine concern when Kim wandered into the Mine Field... not only that, but Henry trying to guide Trapper through it while reading a WW2 surplus map turned out to be a really funny mishap (and that was definitely NOT Wayne Rogers who climbed onto that rope ladder descending from the chopper, who was that?).

The ending was a slight downer, however touching.
BJ Emerson Flagg
Private

Re: (02x06) 030 - Kim

Post by BJ Emerson Flagg »

This was one of the shows that displayed how Trapper could just as easily be the warm hearted caring human being as well as the quite often insufferable wiseacre.
5'O'clockcharlie
Corporal

Post by 5'O'clockcharlie »

I totally agree. It shows Trapper in a light I dont think we have really seen yet. I was sad in the end, it was rather bittersweet. Because Trapper was so excited and almost over joyed about the idea. The first time I ever watched M*A*S*H from start to finish episode by episode I was holding my breath because I wasn't sure if Trapper was going to make it..And I also love Henry in this episode as well.. I think them coming together as a team was neat to see.
Obie
Corporal

Post by Obie »

Loved this episode. A side of Trapper that you men are missing in this is how much in-tuned Trapper and his wife really are. It shows a more tender Trapper as he relates to his wife about the little boy. Her loving reply to Trap's letters show there is a solid family core between them.
Miss Ginger