(01x11) 011 - Germ Warfare

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
25%
Above average
No votes
Average
50%
Below average
25%
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 4

RJ
General of the Army

(01x11) 011 - Germ Warfare

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss episode 01x11, Germ Warfare.
Crabapple Cove
Private

Re: (01x11) 011 - Germ Warfare

Post by Crabapple Cove »

I was watching "Germ Warfare" this evening and had a question about a line of dialog.

The scene takes places as Hawkeye walks into the mess tent. He sees Radar (with a tray full of food as usual) and says "I see your having the Hunt breakfast". Radar seems to have no clue what he means and Hawkeye says "nevermind". I have tried searching this phrase online but had no success finding it.

Anyone know what it refers to? Is Hawkeye quoting some old movie or is it a cultural reference of some sort?

Thanks.
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

According to the now-defunct M*A*S*H Episode Guide website, a Hunt breakfast refers to "a sumptuous feast associated with fox hunting, typically eaten after the morning’s hunt."
Frank's Girl
Private

Post by Frank's Girl »

This is my all time favorite episode... I love the last scene where Frank is scrubbing for OR and Trapper and Hawkeye have to prevent him from operating since they think he might have hepatitis. Best scene ever. For whomever voted this episode as below average, I'd love to know why... no judgement, just curious.
Ferret Face
First Lieutenant

Post by Ferret Face »

Another good episode. Admittedly, this was probably the worst treatment of Frank so far, with Hawkeye and Trapper taking his blood without permission, but it was also one of the funnier ones in that regard as well. My favorite parts being when they actually take the blood (with Hawkeye and Trapper acting as Dracula and Igor respectively, and Hawkeye affecting Frank's dream), the beer tasting prank and closing the latrine to get Frank's urine sample, and distracting Frank and Margaret from meeting by saying someone wants to talk with them (particularly Henry's reaction).
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Another interesting tidbit of trivia is this episode features the last appearance of two Season 1 characters who were written off of the show: Spearchucker and Boone.