What Are Your Other Favorite Shows?

Discuss anything not related to M*A*S*H here, within limits. Keep things civil at all times.
Darth Florist
Private

Re: What Are Your Other Favorite Shows?

Post by Darth Florist »

This is difficult for me, as I'm a Brit subjected to whatever the British TV decide that we are supposed to like! (Cynical? Moi? YES!)
M*A*S*H is the best comedy series to come out of the USA, in my view. I won't analyse why, cos if I knew the reason, I'd start to ignore it.
There have been several comedy series that have been popular in the U.K. but not with me, such as "Friends" & "Happy Days". I used to like "The Big Bang Theory", but it's now getting too repetitive.
I have to say that I'm more in tune with British stuff. I do know that "Red Dwarf" was a success in the former colonies, which I love, but it started to go downhill when Chloe Annett took on the role of Kochansky. I THINK the change was caused when the Grant - Naylor partnership split up.
The best ever comedy series to have been made in the U.K. are "Have I Got News For You" and "Drop the Dead Donkey" with "Mock the Week" bringing up the rear. You can also add "QI" and "They Think It's All Over" as well.
"Emotionally Exhausted and Morally Bankrupt!"
Crabapple Cove
Private

Post by Crabapple Cove »

M*A*S*H -- especially the early seasons, is definitely one of my all time favorites (I can watch Seasons 1-3 without ever getting tired of them).
Hogan's Heroes is another one I have watched over and over.
Andy Griffith Show is just a notch below those two -- I'm not sure that I have ever seen all the episodes of it.
Northern Exposure (I own entire series on DVD)
Mission Impossible
Babylon 5

Other shows that I have greatly enjoyed (but not something that I watch repeatedly, and in some cases would not even watch a second time):
All the various Star Trek series
Rockford Files
Magnum PI
WKRP in Cincinnati
X Files & The Lone Gunmen spinoff
A variety of British & Euro comedies and dramas (Foyle's War, As Time Goes By, Inspector Morse, Inspector Lewis, Endeavor, Good Neighbors, Fawlty Towers, The Killing)
JocularityGirl
Corporal

Post by JocularityGirl »

I'm a young adult, but a vintage soul!
So....
Charlie's Angels (Sabrina's my fave!)
Hogan's Heroes (Started watching because of Bill Christopher standing in for Larry Hovis and got hooked!)
Green Acres (Mr. Haney's a hoot!)
Gilligan's Island (The Professor was the smartest, yet couldn't make a working raft? M*A*S*H was more believeable.)
Touched by an Angel (I'm a Christian and watched the show during a sad time in my life, and it's lessons really helped me recover. Andrew, played by John Dye, is the CUTEST angel of death ever!)
The only modern show I like is NCIS ( Mike Farrell starred in the last one! Cool!)
Father Mulcahy: "A faith of convience is a hollow faith."