Introductions

Discuss anything not related to M*A*S*H here, within limits. Keep things civil at all times.
Jeeter
Sergeant

Introductions

Post by Jeeter »

I may be really bad at searching forums, but I haven't come across a welcome thread so I thought I'd start a new one. Feel free to introduce yourself here!

This is my first post, but hopefully most of you will recognize me from bestcareanywhere.net. where I post quite often.

Well, to start this introduction off I'll tell you a bit about myself outside of M*A*S*H. I'm just about 18 years old and I live in Canada. I love to play hockey (eh?) and baseball. Some other pastimes include reading and writing, as well as watching classic movies. I'm a huge fan of Alfred Hitchcock (Rear Window is currently my favourite movie of all time) and James Bond.

Clearly, I'm a huge fan of M*A*S*H and have been for at least 6-7 years. At first I would only laugh at Klinger's dresses and the pranks being pulled on Frank. Then as we got more seasons, I could understand the feelings of the characters and see how they progressed as the 11 seasons zipped through my DVD player in less than a few months. I'm actually in the midst of ripping all of the episodes off the DVDs and putting them onto my computer. It makes the references you people share on here a lot easier to look up through the computer.

I hope to have a good time here as I have over at BCA Message Board. Have a good one! :)
Last edited by Jeeter on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: Introductions

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

You have baseball up in Canada? :shock:

Either way, here's somethin' just fer you Jeeter...

*Wraps Jeeter in sweaters, coats, and blankets, and puts a hot water bottle on his head* Welcome!

Well, you wanted a WARM welcome, didn't ya? :P
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

Yeah, believe it or not. I don't really play anymore though.

And thanks, that's just what I needed on this 27C (80F) day. I know that's nothing compared to the heat wave there but we've been having one of our own.

Did I even ask for a warm welcome? I thought I edited that out of my post. :shock:
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Indeed my friend, 80 degrees F, right now, is NOTHING compared to what we're going through right now... thought that actually IS close to what our average for this time of year is SUPPOSED to be.

And I don't believe there's an ability to edit posts at BCA. ;) But don't worry, if anyone tries to give you any flack for breech of contract, I'll help ya out... I have high friends in low places... ( :charles: )
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

You must have been aching for a chance to use that Charles smiley haha

I actually forgot about that post on BCA about the warm welcome. I shouldn't have asked for it :|
Mash4Ever
Sergeant

Post by Mash4Ever »

I'm Kirsten I'm 37 Years Old I've Been A Big Mash Alan Alda Wayne Rogers Fan For 12 Years Now My Favorite Characters Are Hawkeye Trapper And Charles!

I Met Alan Alda In And Took A Picture With Him At His Booksigning On September 24, 2007 He Is So Cute Handsome Gorgeous And So Nice And Kind & Funny In Person! :D
From A Big Alan Alda Wayne Rogers Mash Fan Kirsten

RIP Harry Morgan 1915-2011

Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Post by Garbage Officer »

Hi, I just joined up today. I saw the post for this forum over on Best Care Anywhere's message board as I felt a bit out of place and ignored over there, I thought I'd try a forum.

I've been a member of BCA since 2005, although I'm an on and off kinda member. I won;t juist post unless I have things to say but if there's good conversations going, I usually have something to say. :)
I'm a 30 year old English female and have been a fan of M*A*S*H since about 1995.... that's a guess but something like that. I watched it before then as a kid but I couldn;t tell you anything about it.
I like many things besides M*A*S*H- I run three websites, am setting up a blog currently where I'm reviewing epiosodes of M*A*S*H as well as other shows I like, I have a couple of forums (SMF) as well with those websites. Besides from working on those sites I also enjoy writing, making videos, some artwork.... that's probably enough for now.
Hope to speak to you all soon
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

Garbage Officer wrote:Hi, I just joined up today. I saw the post for this forum over on Best Care Anywhere's message board as I felt a bit out of place and ignored over there, I thought I'd try a forum.
Probably the reason why you feel out of place is because there's very little sense of community at BCA. I'm not really sure why but I still enjoy posting whatever I can there.

I think what people need to realize..Curtis_Tuttle *cough* *cough* is that not everyone posts there like a maniac and is able to get their personality across. Sarcasm is very hard to pick up through words alone. On YouTube I often get flamed just because I share my opinion or I use some sarcasm. It's terrible really.

Oh and I guess I should welcome you here :lol:

Welcome to whatever this board is called.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

I don't know what had gotten into Curtis there, but BCA usually does have a sense of community, it's just going through another one of it's little lulls right now, because just about the only ones there posting on a semi-regular basis at the moment are myself, Jeeter, and Dani... others as such as Bill, Allie, maximom, Kirsten, Randy, Scott, and others haven't been as active as usual, but still...

I mean, if you ask my opinion, BCA certainly has a lot more of a community atmosphere than say M*A*S*HTalk Bulletin Board... now there's a place where you can feel ignored and unwelcomed. :|
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Post by Garbage Officer »

I think part of the reason is that when I had one of the previous boards it was a small community but *so* active. We'd post like 70 replies a day & there was no more than 25 members overall and probably 10 regular posters. But I understand the forum being quiet. Very hard to maintain a forum for a show that ended such a long time ago.

Anyway, I'm still posting both places. :) I just want to talk about M*A*S*H with anyone that'll listen, lol!
Mrs Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Mrs Tuttle »

Hello All :D

Well i also came across from BCA, so i know atleast two of you will gladly recognise me (Hopefully.. Unless i offended Jeetz with my comment over there ;) )
So umm.. My name is Kiara, I'm almost 19 anddd I'm addicted to M*A*S*H..

I don't really know what else to say.. But i hope to chat to you all around here and BCA.. And yer that's it :)
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

Mrs Tuttle wrote:Hello All :D

Well i also came across from BCA, so i know atleast two of you will gladly recognise me (Hopefully.. Unless i offended Jeetz with my comment over there ;) )

I don't really know what else to say.. But i hope to chat to you all around here and BCA.. And yer that's it :)
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry:
Mrs Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Mrs Tuttle »

Jeeter wrote:
Mrs Tuttle wrote:Hello All :D

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry:

:cry:
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

I take it back!!! Welcome Kiara :)
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

:hawkeye: : Good now that they've made up.

:mrgreen: