What Was Your Favorite Shows To Watch When You Were A Kid?

Discuss anything not related to M*A*S*H here, within limits. Keep things civil at all times.
Mash4Ever
Sergeant

What Was Your Favorite Shows To Watch When You Were A Kid?

Post by Mash4Ever »

Game Shows Sesame Street Mr. Rogers The Magic Garden!
From A Big Alan Alda Wayne Rogers Mash Fan Kirsten

RIP Harry Morgan 1915-2011

Jeeter
Sergeant

Re: What Was Your Favorite Shows To Watch When You Were A Ki

Post by Jeeter »

As a kid, well...most of the shows were cartoons since I'm just becoming an adult now. I guess as a kid I used to watch all the "educational" programs which involved flying lemurs and aardvarks that could talk. (Zaboomafoo and Arthur)

If we're talking teenage shows, Corner Gas definitely comes up as one. I love that show almost as much as M*A*S*H.
TrapperJoe
Corporal

Post by TrapperJoe »

Mash4Ever wrote:Game Shows Sesame Street Mr. Rogers The Magic Garden!
Same here :) I grew up on Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers

Game shows too...when I was young my favorites were The $25,000 Pyramid and Press Your Luck.

Also Muppet Babies, Looney Tunes, The Real Ghostbusters, Transformers, Count Duckula, Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff, David the Gnome, Mr. Wizard and my favorite show ever The Wonder Years.
Mrs Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Mrs Tuttle »

Jeeter wrote:As a kid, well...most of the shows were cartoons since I'm just becoming an adult now. I guess as a kid I used to watch all the "educational" programs which involved flying lemurs and aardvarks that could talk. (Zaboomafoo and Arthur)
Arthur was an Aardvark?? I always assumed he was a bear, but with a weird face thing going on.. But i guess an Aardvark makes sense..
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

Mrs Tuttle wrote:
Jeeter wrote:As a kid, well...most of the shows were cartoons since I'm just becoming an adult now. I guess as a kid I used to watch all the "educational" programs which involved flying lemurs and aardvarks that could talk. (Zaboomafoo and Arthur)
Arthur was an Aardvark?? I always assumed he was a bear, but with a weird face thing going on.. But i guess an Aardvark makes sense..
I always thought that the Brain was a bear. I never knew what Arthur was until someone said it to me one day lol then it all made sense. I think one episode had him spelling Aardvark with a little jingle in the background. A-A-R-D-V-A-R-K.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I like Arthur too, as a little kid, I enjoyed the books, then when the show finally came on (I know the show came out in 1996, but my PBS affiliate didn't start airing it regularly until 2000), I really enjoyed it as well.

My only problem is that the newer episodes and seasons are TERRIBLE! Not only do they keep getting far too young child actors for the characters (Arthur always sounds like D.W. anymore, while D.W. sound like a chipmunk anymore), but you can tell the writers are out of ideas for stories: they've repeated a plot involving D.W. having trouble getting rid of hiccups, and on top of that last year they randomly gave lunch lady Mrs. MacGrady cancer, and this year, they're giving Granpda Dave Alzheimer's, and he was already the least-developed character from the show (despite he's always in the opening credits with the rest of the family).

I admit that even though I'm 22, watching Arthur is good for my "morale", so-to-speak, but they air the crappy newer episodes far more than they do the great older ones, so most of the time, I either have to break out an old tape, or head over to YouTube for my fix.; there's like a pattern going on: they'll play the bad new episodes for five, six, maybe even seven weeks straight, then good old episodes for a week... two if we're lucky, then back to five to seven weeks of bad episodes, etc. HOWEVER, I guess PBS recently had mercy on us or something, because we just had a five week period of good episodes from good seasons for a change, it'sbeen great!

On a side note, wanna good laugh? Check out this "adult" dub from YouTube...
LucyFer
Private

Post by LucyFer »

In my young days I was really addicted to watch cartoons. So cartoons are my favourite TV shows of my young days and also I was really addicted to Tom and Jerry cartoon since my small days.
Find the alternative for smoking with E Cigarette UK.
chriswb504
Corporal

Post by chriswb504 »

Tom & Jerry, Looney Tunes, The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, Scooby Doo, The 1966-67 Spiderman Cartoon, George Reeves' Superman, Flash Gordon, The animated Star Trek, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Incredible Hulk, and Adam West's Batman! :hawkeye: