Winchester answering mail

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Winchester answering mail

Post by Brass Monkeys »

In an episode where Hawkeye gets a mail bag from a teachers students who ask questions of MASH Drs., Winchester gets a letter and a leaf. It is a maple leaf that the child mistakes for an oak leaf. Charles writes back about the beautiful changing of the seasons in the east coast. Do you think the prop people messed up, or did Charles not correct the child because he/she was young and innocent?
RJ
General of the Army

Re: Winchester answering mail

Post by RJ »

I don't think I ever paid close attention the actual prop leaf. I'd like to think the writers wanted Charles not to correct the mistake but it's possible the prop department couldn't find the right leaf. It's a mystery.
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Re: Winchester answering mail

Post by Brass Monkeys »

Thanks RJ. We have a few people discussing lines and settings of MASH now!! Does anybody have any thoughts about my previous post about the episode in which Winchester answers mail from a child? It`s one of my latest postings.