Watch New M*A*S*H TV Special Online

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
RJ
General of the Army

Watch New M*A*S*H TV Special Online

Post by RJ »

I'll be posting about this at my blog in the next few days but thought I'd share it here, first. Back in early March, TV station WTVG (13ABC) in Toledo, Ohio aired a half-hour TV special called "M*A*S*H Memories & Magic" featuring interviews with Loretta Swit, Mike Farrell, Jamie Farr, Gary Burghoff, and William Christopher. The interviews were taped in Florida on February 29th just before a fundraiser gala featuring Swit, Farrell, Burghoff, and Farr (I think the interview with William Christopher was taped separately but am not sure about that).

"M*A*S*H Memories & Magic" aired locally in Toledo on March 2nd and was posted online the next day. I only just realized it was available online last week and didn't have a chance to watch it until earlier today. I can't embed the video here at the forums so you'll have to watch it at the WTVG website.

Here are some images:
memoriesmagic3.jpg
memoriesmagic2.jpg
memoriesmagic1.jpg
memoriesmagic4.jpg
Without commercials, the special runs just 22 minutes. It's not a true documentary. It doesn't tell a story. It's really just interviews cut together. But it's enjoyable. I'm not sure anything new or exciting is discussed. Farr talks about finding out he has to wear a dress and heels. Farrell recalls being worried the audience wouldn't like him and he'd be blamed for killing M*A*S*H. Christopher discusses how the cast wasn't sure if the show would be renewed for a second season. Burghoff touches upon rumors of disagreements among the cast. At the end of the special, Farr, Farrell, Swit, and Burghoff reveal what they kept from the series.

Again, you can watch the entire special at the WTVG website.

More pictures and videos relating to the special can be found here.

An essay explaining how the special came about can be found here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: Watch New M*A*S*H TV Special Online

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

It was an interesting special to watch - got to learn a few new things that I didn't already know. Not really sure why Ed Asner is there. Wonder why Alan's not there? I can understand DOS not wanting to be there though.
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

Ed Asner hosted a benefit gala that Swit, Farrell, Burghoff, and Farr were part of. These interviews were taped prior to the gala, so Ed Asner was probably hanging around the hotel and someone asked him to participate.

I'm not sure how William Christopher got involved in the special, because he wasn't at the gala.
Keith1980
Private

Post by Keith1980 »

Yeah i saw this cos im local to toledo. I should of posted it here when i herd about it. Anyone have it on youtube the aite listed doesnt have it up anymore.
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I just checked and the embedded video in my post about the special from earlier this year still works. Hopefully it plays for you, too.
Keith1980
Private

Post by Keith1980 »

Still isnt working for me. Maybe cos im on my iphone. I dunno. Says page is no longer available on the wtvg website.