Netflix attempts to remove M*A*S*H!

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
RadarHawkLips
Private

Netflix attempts to remove M*A*S*H!

Post by RadarHawkLips »

Hello Everyone,
I have been a mash fan for a little while; however, nobody will be able to view M*A*S*H on Netflix after April 1st! This comes to me as a huge surprise considering how original this show is, and really how special every episode is. In response to this action, I've created a petition asking Netflix to keep this show. It would mean a lot if you all could sign the petition so it gathers Netflix's attention. https://www.change.org/p/netflix-netfli ... m=copylink
Also, I have one more idea to capture Netflix's attention. Ask everyone you know to stream just one episode of M*A*S*H. Netflix will notice the rise in views, and (with some luck) might realize that people are still watching the show. If you all have any other ideas, please reply to the thread! Also, thank you for the support!
Frank's Girl
Private

Re: Netflix attempts to remove M*A*S*H!

Post by Frank's Girl »

Attempts to remove? They did... :shock: :o I had just started the series over and was on season 1, episode 4... What a rude awakening. I guess that's what I get for not checking in here more regularly!
RadarHawkLips
Private

Post by RadarHawkLips »

Frank's Girl wrote:Attempts to remove? They did... :shock: :o I had just started the series over and was on season 1, episode 4... What a rude awakening. I guess that's what I get for not checking in here more regularly!
I've got some good news for you though. I've contacted Netflix a countless number of times, and it appears as if they are trying to renew the license to mash because of its great amount of followers. Another plus is fact my petition already has 130 signatures! I'm printing out copies and dropping them off at Netflix headquarters. I think we are on the right track to make a change!
Frank's Girl
Private

Post by Frank's Girl »

Thanks for your work on this! Also, all Netflix would have to do is have their social media person do a couple of searches and they would see how ticked people are about it being gone... Also, I agree it is nice to have the DVDs, but for on the fly viewing, it is easier for me to just hit a button on my remote control and have Netflix right there.