Cameras in M*A*S*H

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Eric
Private

Cameras in M*A*S*H

Post by Eric »

As a M*A*S*H fan and a photographer, I am wondering if any one knows the models of cameras used in the series. I am familiar with the Minox (and own one), but I am unable to confirm the model of Polaroid from "Snap Judgement" and "Snappier Judgement." I remember reading an article somewhere about the model of cameras used in the show, but I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated!
Eric
Eric
Private

Re: Cameras in M*A*S*H

Post by Eric »

Just an update on what I have discovered in my research. I was able to determine that the camera used in the episode is a Polaroid Land Model 95, which was the first camera from Polaroid and introduced in 1948 (and was produced until 1961). This would put it in the time-frame for M*A*S*H. As the episode alludes to, the camera's biggest feature is a 60 second image, or a Colonel Potter puts it, the camera has a "built in drug store" to develop the film! I have purchased one of these models and will post pictures when it arrives.

Indecently, I have one of the Minox cameras used in "A Smattering of Intelligence." It is an incredible camera and really advanced for its time. The fact that Minox produced a full camera in a body that is less than 3 inches long. It used 16mm film. I will get take some pictures and post some info about it here as well.
Eric