Model M*A*S*H

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
CprlGorilla
Private

Model M*A*S*H

Post by CprlGorilla »

Just looking for help and advice from my fellow M*A*S*H fans.

I'm planning to build a model of the camp, including motor pool and both upper and lower pads, with vehicles ect.

My layout is going to be based on the two maps I found over on the main bit of the sight,

and from the Stage 9 map I will be looking at having the motorpool and a hut in the same sort of area.

I also hope to build Rosies as part of the set.

What I'm trying to work out and maybe someone on here somewhere may know the answers is the rough sizes of the tents and buildings.

I'm constantly going over the episodes looking for details and that to see what I would like to include, obviously the signpost is needed. I'm also not focusing on a particular "era" of the show. I hope to have all characters included somehow.

One other thing does anyone know what type of plane 5 o'clock Charlie was.
Sunday
Private

Re: Model M*A*S*H

Post by Sunday »

Now that's a very cool project!

5 o'clock Charlie's plane is a Ryan PT-22 Recruit

divingrocks
Private

Post by divingrocks »

the swamp and other square tents would have been 16 feet per side, the elongated tent in the movie and opening credits would be 16 x 32...the indoor and outdoor sets were wildly different in layout.
camp_map_jim_tv.jpg
camp_map_jim_stage_9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MASH site volunteer
Tuttle
Private

Post by Tuttle »

did you make your model?
can you post some photos?

I am in the process of 3d scanning the camp via video footage. If the camera is moving (not turning) I can generate 3d models from the computer stitching them together.