Introduction and question

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Mudhen
Private

Introduction and question

Post by Mudhen »

Hi all I'm new here, I have been a MASH fan for many years- watching my favorite show since the 1970's. My wife and I even visited the "set" at Malibu Creek Park and had a blast!
I have a question for the group. I have been trying to locate the type of chair in Colonel blake and later in Col. Potters office. It isn't a green painted wood chair but a metal one. Sometimes you can see it in Radar's/Klinger's office as well. Any chance anyone here might recognize it? I am trying to find one or make one for my desk at home. I think it was made by a medical supply company or even perhaps made specially for the set. Here is a screen shot of the chair as well as a similar but cheap one I found for sale on the net- Im looking fo the exact one. Please help! Thanks! Mudhen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RJ
General of the Army

Re: Introduction and question

Post by RJ »

The image of Henry's chair was not showing up so I edited your post. I am seeing it now. The one you found is close but as you say it is not quite accurate. I have to be honest, I had never noticed the chair(s) in question. Given how the series attempted to be as accurate as possible, I would assume this type of chair had to be used by the military in Korea. I doubt very much the prop department manufactured it themselves. That said, I have no idea how to figure out the actual manufacturer.