Favorite Klinger moment

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
TrapperJoe
Corporal

Favorite Klinger moment

Post by TrapperJoe »

Klinger has quickly become one of my favorite characters, and was thinking of all the hilarious scenes Klinger has had. :klinger2:
Which scenes are the most memorable to you or which scenes have you laughing out loud the most?

The one that makes me crack up, even when I think about it is in "War of Nerves", where Klinger walks into the Mess tent dressed as Dorthy from The Wizard of Oz and says to Sidney, "I'm looking for my daddy, he's this big hairy man in an undershirt." I don't know why this cracks me up, maybe how Jamie Farr reads the line, he delivers it perfectly, he sounds like he really is looking for his father.

A couple of other ones in my mind are in the episode "The Price of Tomato Juice" where Hawkeye and B.J. bring Klinger out to the car sent by General Barker, and the driver says "She looks like she needs a shave.", and Hawkeye replies "She's been on duty all day." Then B.J. says, "Why do I feel like we're the ugly sisters?"
Hawkeye and B.J. wave goodbye, and Klinger makes a funny gesture as if to say "Oh you guys." Funny little scene :)
Another one I can't remember the episode name, is where Klinger is in Col. Potters office and is trying for a section 8 and mentions he's wetting his cot and later says, "I'll wet my bed, I'll wet your bed, I'll wet the whole camp!"
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: Favorite Klinger moment

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

One of my favorites is his invisible camel, which I absolutely hate syndication for cutting all those scenes out, they're hilarious.

"Isn't she a magnificent creature? A two-humper!"
"Stop curling your lips, you'll get your potatoes!"

And when Potter told him that the camel was being discharged, Klinger's, "It's always the other guy" was so funny, almost like for a moment he actually thought Habibi was real. XD

OR, when he was a big red bird with fuzzy pink feet.
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Post by Garbage Officer »

I like Klinger's more sincere moments.
One of my favourites is from a later season (can't remember the episode or anything right now) where Charles donates some sweets to an orphanage annoymously as part of a tradition and knowing Charles had loads of stuff sent from home the others are a little miffed by him not donating much to the party they have for the orphans at camp but Klinger overhears Charles arguing with the Korean man who looks after them so takes some of all the the bits left from the party to Charles who's in the Swamp alone. I think it's one of those really nice moments between the characters.
townsbg
Sergeant

Post by townsbg »

"I'm in love with a goat." Love that line. :lol:
TrapperJoe
Corporal

Post by TrapperJoe »

I love all Klingers moments, whether sentimental or hilarious. Jamie Farr is a wonderful actor, maybe a little bit underrated.

One of my favorite sincere moments of his was in "War Of Nerves". Sidney Freedman is talking to Klinger about REALLY being crazy, and Sidney wants to know why he wants to get out of here, and Klinger says death tops the list. He says he doesn't want to die, he doesn't want to see other people die, he doesn't want to be told where to stand when it happens to him and he doesn't want to be told how to do it to someone else.

Just a great moment between the two, and you see what a great genuine soul Klinger is. This scene shows that Klinger isn't crazy at all...just a person with great respect for life.
Mrs Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Mrs Tuttle »

I have many, but two of them include:
I am Zoltan King of the Gypsies!! :klinger:

And of course..

'Did you just see a red bird with fuzzy pink feet..?' :lol:
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter