You on M*A*S*H (Post Only if you Feel Comfortable)

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

You on M*A*S*H (Post Only if you Feel Comfortable)

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

With so many random passerbys, casualties, wounded soldiers, one-shot characters, etc in eleven years, has there ever been a time when a character with your name was at the 4077th? Or from where you call home?

Neither really apply to me, BUT, both my name and my state were mentioned on the show at least once each: in "Dear Sis" (7x15), Mulcahy tries to cheer up a depressed Klinger with some Scripture, and at one point says, "Now, where were we, Job or Joseph? Let me try a little Joseph on you..."; and of course, there's the camp doing a sing-along of The Tennessee Waltz in "Movie Tonight" (5x22)
Jeeter
Sergeant

Re: You on M*A*S*H (Post Only if you Feel Comfortable)

Post by Jeeter »

My name (Eric) wasn't mentioned at all throughout the series (I don't think). But I do get excited whenever Canada is mentioned. Heck, it even got mentioned in the Pilot episode!!

This one makes me laugh out loud every time. From "Bug Out" (5x01)
Hawkeye: Stop in the name of the Canadian Mounted Police!!
Garbage Officer
Sergeant

Post by Garbage Officer »

I don't recall my name ever being mentioned although they did have some British guys on. Although, they were of course, stereotypical tea drinking Brits. :roll:
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Jeeter wrote:My name (Eric) wasn't mentioned at all throughout the series (I don't think). But I do get excited whenever Canada is mentioned. Heck, it even got mentioned in the Pilot episode!!

Lol, I'm sorry, but I always get a kick out of you Canucks getting all "SQUEEEE!" over Canada being mentioned on an American television show. :P
TrapperJoe
Corporal

Post by TrapperJoe »

Same deal as Big Daddy, the name Joe or Joseph isn't mentioned much...I can only think of the episode "Bombshells" where Joe Dimaggio is mentioned.

Massachusetts is mentioned all the time from Charles...a little too much :P and Hawkeye from time to time.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

TrapperJoe wrote:Same deal as Big Daddy, the name Joe or Joseph isn't mentioned much...I can only think of the episode "Bombshells" where Joe Dimaggio is mentioned.

Massachusetts is mentioned all the time from Charles...a little too much :P and Hawkeye from time to time.
Lol, well, the Koreans seemed to toss "Joe" around like an improper noun quite a bit...

"Hello joe, whatchoo know?"
"You damn good joe!"
"Harry Truman number one GI Joe?"
Mrs Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Mrs Tuttle »

Jeeter wrote:My name (Eric) wasn't mentioned at all throughout the series (I don't think). But I do get excited whenever Canada is mentioned. Heck, it even got mentioned in the Pilot episode!!

Sameee! Except with it mentioning Australia.. But yer, no mention of my name :(
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:

Lol, I'm sorry, but I always get a kick out of you Canucks getting all "SQUEEEE!" over Canada being mentioned on an American television show. :P
lol SQUEE? Hmm...I don't know about that. My ears do perk up a little. :o

In "Taking the Fifth" (9x9) I was kinda laughing at how they stereotyped Canadians. He must have said "eh?" about 4 times in a couple of minutes. We don't say it THAT often. But it was still pretty funny so I can't really complain too much.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Jeeter wrote: lol SQUEE? Hmm...I don't know about that. My ears do perk up a little. :o

In "Taking the Fifth" (9x9) I was kinda laughing at how they stereotyped Canadians. He must have said "eh?" about 4 times in a couple of minutes. We don't say it THAT often. But it was still pretty funny so I can't really complain too much.
Lol, yeah... my best friend being Canadian, she actually doesn't have a very noticable accent at all, however, certain words she does pronounce more "Canadian" than "American"... like, she's done voice work recently, and I couldn't help but giggle when her character said "sore-y" rather than "saw-ry", lol. :lol: I think she's only said "eh" in conversation at least once, lol.
Grove17
Sergeant

Post by Grove17 »

My name wasn't mentioned but a town near where i live Harrisburg PA was mentioned....can't remember what the episode was called but a new nurse came that Radar liked and eventually asked out to the officers club was from harrisburg....and then another nurse states she was from beaver falls.....have to google map that one I never heard of it but we do have beavertown and beaversprings very close by.
Best Care Anywhere
theprofromdover
Private

Post by theprofromdover »

Can't remember the name of the episode (I know, shame on me, lol) but it was the one where the mentally challenged soldier didn't want to leave his wounded Sgt (Hank) who had taken him under his wing and looked out for him. The soldiers name was Eddie, which is the same as mine.