Real Franks Burns are not like their namesake

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Ranger
Corporal

Real Franks Burns are not like their namesake

Post by Ranger »

Feel free to move this if you consider this off topic but I thought this was funny. I was googling Frank Burns and found a couple of real ones.

This guy also works in the health service, but unlike Frank seems well respected and forward thinking
http://www.e-health-insider.com/news/item.cfm?ID=1687

Then there's this Frank Burns who is a Democrat which is funny when you think Major Burns was very much a Republican

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/leg ... fm?id=1163

So, do you know any MASH namesakes and are they like their characters?
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: Real Franks Burns are not like their namesake

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

While I don't know anybody named Frank Burns, I do know a guy who ACTS like Frank Burns, in EVERY SINGLE WAY. Examples...

He once dated a friend of mine, but that relationship didn't work out, mainly because be was crazy and possessive, and there was a big age difference... once she called off the relationship, he went pathological, and became really obsessive over begging her to come back to him.

He's mentally unstable, and does the dumbest and craziest things, and acts like a twerp, and basically, brings a lot of "misfortune" on himself, then acts like the entire world is against him when people give him the business.

Now, recently, he dated another (also younger) girl, who was a lot like early seasons Margaret: even though he acted like a jerk and a twerp, if you tried to comeback at him or anything (like Hawkeye and Trapper would do), she'd suck up for him, and "report" you for "attacking" and "harassing" him (even though, again, he brings it on himself).

He thinks he's the greatest, most important person in the entire world.

Need I say more?