Actual site of 8055th MASH near Uijeongbu

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
fogger
Private

Actual site of 8055th MASH near Uijeongbu

Post by fogger »

While searching for information about the documentary The Real MASH, I came across two new youtube videos posted yesterday showing the real location of the 8055th MASH just north of Uijeongbu. He even shows where to find the original Rosie's bar, as well as other background information.

Finding MASH Part 1

Finding MASH Part 2

The other websites that he refers to can be found here and here.

Just in case you weren't aware of it, here's a link the website for The Real MASH documentary that I was originally searching for. Unfortunately I missed it when it was shown on TV here in Australia. The site has some great interviews and photos that just makes me want to watch it a whole lot more.

Simon
Chuck
Sergeant

Re: Actual site of 8055th MASH near Uijeongbu

Post by Chuck »

This is interesting. Did you try researching through the US Army archives? Even though the information may not be on the Internet, you may be able to get info via the Freedom of Information Act. It would probably have to be a written request. I've thought about doing it, but have been too busy.