MASH Remake

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
MASHGuy
Corporal

MASH Remake

Post by MASHGuy »

Do you guys think there should be any attempt at reviving the franchise? The only way they can truly revive the series is if they remake the original movie. So many classics have been remade recently, it would be interesting to see what they would change and what they would keep the same. Would you go and see it? :henry:
Ranger
Corporal

Re: MASH Remake

Post by Ranger »

Strange as it may seem, while I would hate them to remake the programme, I wouldn't object too much to them remaking the film.

There are a couple of directions this could take, they could go back to the book and include the characters left out last time, eg Shaking Sammy , Jonathon Hobson etc, they can the same characters from the film, or they can make it more like the TV series.
Chuck
Sergeant

Post by Chuck »

I wouldn't want to see a remake of the movie or series. There's nothing to improve on. I watched China Beach (like a Vietnam version of MASH) because of MASH, but thankfully it wasn't a copy.
Dear Sigmund
Private

Post by Dear Sigmund »

I think the ONLY thing they could possibly get away with would be remaking the film.

Remaking the tv series would be the most idiotic, not to mention difficult thing in the world to do. It's not remakable ahah.
"Right! Should I write "Wammo," sir? "
"Uh, no, no, it doesn't sound too G.I. Make it... "Socko."