Paintings - images or real?

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Post Reply
brockgs
Private
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:48 am

Paintings - images or real?

Post by brockgs » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:51 am

I can pull some images from the DVDs at odd angles, but are there any sources online where I can download nice images of Potter's paintings? I've googled everywhere and can find nothing. Thanks so much.

Brock

User avatar
TrapperJoe
Corporal
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Paintings - images or real?

Post by TrapperJoe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Too bad there isn't any high quality shots of some of these paintings. Some of them are really solid.

The best I've come across is this link - http://helmi.home.pages.at/mash/english/mish/paint.html

There's a few decents shots on there, nothing dvd quality.

I always wonder what happened to great props like those paintings, and some of the miscellaneous stuff in the officers club. The Hawkeye with drinking glass in hand is a slick piece, and the group painting is a really nice shot.

User avatar
TrapperJoe
Corporal
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:54 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Paintings - images or real?

Post by TrapperJoe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Not long after I posted my reply, RJ did a nice prop spotlight on Col. Potters paintings at the MASH4077tv homepage.

http://www.mash4077tv.com/features/prop ... paintings/

User avatar
townsbg
Sergeant
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Paintings - images or real?

Post by townsbg » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:52 pm

This cracks me up.:D
Image

brockgs
Private
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Paintings - images or real?

Post by brockgs » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:05 am

TrapperJoe wrote:Not long after I posted my reply, RJ did a nice prop spotlight on Col. Potters paintings at the MASH4077tv homepage.

http://www.mash4077tv.com/features/prop ... paintings/
Wonderful! Thanks. I'm going to try and blow it up a big and print on canvas as a present to my brother who is also a huge fan of MASH. My favourite painting is of Charles, but for some reason, the thumb is a close second. :-)

User avatar
RJ
General of the Army
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Paintings - images or real?

Post by RJ » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:44 pm

brockgs wrote:
TrapperJoe wrote:Not long after I posted my reply, RJ did a nice prop spotlight on Col. Potters paintings at the MASH4077tv homepage.

http://www.mash4077tv.com/features/prop ... paintings/
Wonderful! Thanks. I'm going to try and blow it up a big and print on canvas as a present to my brother who is also a huge fan of MASH. My favourite painting is of Charles, but for some reason, the thumb is a close second. :-)
If you go to the DVDs you can get a slightly larger image (the DVDs have a native resolution of 720x540 -- or at least that is the size of the screen captures I wind up with). For the site I resize them to 480x360. I saved all the 720x540 screen captures so if you tell me which one you are looking for I can upload it rather than you having to pull out your DVDs.

brockgs
Private
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:48 am

Re: Paintings - images or real?

Post by brockgs » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:09 am

RJ wrote:
brockgs wrote:
TrapperJoe wrote:Not long after I posted my reply, RJ did a nice prop spotlight on Col. Potters paintings at the MASH4077tv homepage.

http://www.mash4077tv.com/features/prop ... paintings/
Wonderful! Thanks. I'm going to try and blow it up a big and print on canvas as a present to my brother who is also a huge fan of MASH. My favourite painting is of Charles, but for some reason, the thumb is a close second. :-)
If you go to the DVDs you can get a slightly larger image (the DVDs have a native resolution of 720x540 -- or at least that is the size of the screen captures I wind up with). For the site I resize them to 480x360. I saved all the 720x540 screen captures so if you tell me which one you are looking for I can upload it rather than you having to pull out your DVDs.
The painting of Charles is the one I really want. If you could upload that at the full resolution you have, or email me ( [removed] ) I would greatly appreciate it. :-)

User avatar
RJ
General of the Army
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:26 pm
Contact:

Re: Paintings - images or real?

Post by RJ » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:01 pm

Attached is the slightly larger screen capture of the Charles painting. Also, I removed your e-mail address from your post just to be on the safe side.
Attachments
painting_winchester_tapes_charles.jpg
painting_winchester_tapes_charles.jpg (49.61 KiB) Viewed 2850 times

Post Reply