Please Help Identify this M*A*S*H 10th Anniversary Watch

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Eric
Private

Please Help Identify this M*A*S*H 10th Anniversary Watch

Post by Eric »

Hello fellow M*A*S*H fan! In addition to collecting M*A*S*H objects, I also have had quite a watch collection over the years. I recently picked up this watch because of the M*A*S*H connection, but I was intrigued by the name David Pollock on the dial. We know Pollock was a writer for the series, so this made me wonder if this was something given to cast and crew to celebrate the anniversary of the show. I have looked in various books that I have, but I cannot find any references to a watch.

Does anyone know whether this watch was given out for the anniversary? If so, any details on where it may have been made since it is a custom piece?

The watch still runs perfectly and is very good quality! I have posted photos and details of the mechanical movement on a watch forum on which I am a member, so I am hoping they can shed some light on the source of the movement.

Thanks!
Picture1 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CEWIII
Private

Re: Please Help Identify this M*A*S*H 10th Anniversary Watch

Post by CEWIII »

I'm not sure but I think it was a Christmasgift from the actors to the crew.
Eric
Private

Post by Eric »

I do recall something about watches being given out. I am trying to find a reference to this somewhere, but I am glad I am not the only one who remembers a watch being discussed!
Eric
kkt
Sergeant

Post by kkt »

Neat find!

If you want to know the make of the watch, post a picture of the back if it has anything identifiable. If not, take it to a watchmaker (not a guy who changes batteries in a mall kiosk) and ask to have the back taken off, and get pictures of the inside caseback and of the movement.