User Avatars

Important information about the forums can be found here. Be sure to read any and all posts made here. Members can also post questions and make suggestions.
RJ
General of the Army

User Avatars

Post by RJ »

I believe I have enabled users to upload their own avatars with a maximum width of 150px and a maximum height of 200px. Please let me know if there are any problems.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: User Avatars

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I think perhaps the file size limit could be risen a tad, otherwise the larger the avatar, the lower the quality to stay at the limit.

Otherwise, this a very useful feature, and I'm sure people will like it.
townsbg
Sergeant

Post by townsbg »

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:I think perhaps the file size limit could be risen a tad, otherwise the larger the avatar, the lower the quality to stay at the limit.

That's a good point plus many won't know how to decrease file size.
Mrs Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Mrs Tuttle »

townsbg wrote:
Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:I think perhaps the file size limit could be risen a tad, otherwise the larger the avatar, the lower the quality to stay at the limit.

That's a good point plus many won't know how to decrease file size.
And i am one of these people lol.. So can anyone explain to me how to do it..? Because i have found some avatar/icons i'd like to use, but it says that they are too big..

EDIT - Oh and i love the fact that we can choose our own avatars :) Thanks for fixing that RJ!
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I will look into that.
Mash4Ever
Sergeant

Post by Mash4Ever »

Here Is My Avatar Of Me With Alan Alda Who I Met On September 24, 2007 At His Booksigning!
From A Big Alan Alda Wayne Rogers Mash Fan Kirsten

RIP Harry Morgan 1915-2011

Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

I'm gonna start making an avatar but for now the file size is just a wee bit too small for my liking. Any way that can be changed?
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Jeeter wrote:I'm gonna start making an avatar but for now the file size is just a wee bit too small for my liking. Any way that can be changed?
I'm diggin' your av Jeeter! :D
Jeeter
Sergeant

Post by Jeeter »

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:
Jeeter wrote:I'm gonna start making an avatar but for now the file size is just a wee bit too small for my liking. Any way that can be changed?
I'm diggin' your av Jeeter! :D
I'll probably be keeping this one as my avatar for most of the fall/winter. I tried to find out who made them but I can't seem to find the original site. I used these for the Corner Gas forums a few years ago. So cool! I like yours too. Btw, the logo for the forum is awesome. Couldn't be better

EDIT: Scratch that idea, I'm using one I made for now. If you can't read it, it says "Fine leather scares me"
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Jeeter wrote: EDIT: Scratch that idea, I'm using one I made for now. If you can't read it, it says "Fine leather scares me"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of...

RHODEN: Here's something nobody can resist... stag films, guaranteed to make a grown man blush... *To Radar* Probably KILL you.
RADAR: :o
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I have doubled the file size for avatars from 6kB to 12kB. I really have no idea what would be a good limit; if the size limit is too high, pages here will take longer to load. So we will continue to play it by ear.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

RJ wrote:I have doubled the file size for avatars from 6kB to 12kB. I really have no idea what would be a good limit; if the size limit is too high, pages here will take longer to load. So we will continue to play it by ear.
I think 12 is okay so far, I haven't had much problems.

But on the subject of avs, lovin' your new one townsbg! :mrgreen:
townsbg
Sergeant

Post by townsbg »

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:But on the subject of avs, lovin' your new one townsbg! :mrgreen:
Yes I like it too. :mrgreen: