User Avatars

Important information about the forums can be found here. Be sure to read any and all posts made here. Members can also post questions and make suggestions.
Post Reply
User avatar
RJ
General of the Army
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:26 pm
Contact:

User Avatars

Post by RJ » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:21 pm

I believe I have enabled users to upload their own avatars with a maximum width of 150px and a maximum height of 200px. Please let me know if there are any problems.

User avatar
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 am
Location: The Swamp
Contact:

Re: User Avatars

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:17 pm

I think perhaps the file size limit could be risen a tad, otherwise the larger the avatar, the lower the quality to stay at the limit.

Otherwise, this a very useful feature, and I'm sure people will like it.

User avatar
townsbg
Sergeant
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: User Avatars

Post by townsbg » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:I think perhaps the file size limit could be risen a tad, otherwise the larger the avatar, the lower the quality to stay at the limit.

Otherwise, this a very useful feature, and I'm sure people will like it.
That's a good point plus many won't know how to decrease file size.

User avatar
Mrs Tuttle
Corporal
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:56 pm
Location: Australia

Re: User Avatars

Post by Mrs Tuttle » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:07 am

townsbg wrote:
Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:I think perhaps the file size limit could be risen a tad, otherwise the larger the avatar, the lower the quality to stay at the limit.

Otherwise, this a very useful feature, and I'm sure people will like it.
That's a good point plus many won't know how to decrease file size.
And i am one of these people lol.. So can anyone explain to me how to do it..? Because i have found some avatar/icons i'd like to use, but it says that they are too big..

EDIT - Oh and i love the fact that we can choose our own avatars :) Thanks for fixing that RJ!
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter

User avatar
RJ
General of the Army
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:26 pm
Contact:

Re: User Avatars

Post by RJ » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 am

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:I think perhaps the file size limit could be risen a tad, otherwise the larger the avatar, the lower the quality to stay at the limit.
I will look into that.

User avatar
Mash4Ever
Sergeant
Posts: 51
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 9:45 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: User Avatars

Post by Mash4Ever » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:44 am

Here Is My Avatar Of Me With Alan Alda Who I Met On September 24, 2007 At His Booksigning!
From A Big Alan Alda Wayne Rogers Mash Fan Kirsten

RIP Harry Morgan 1915-2011

Image

User avatar
Jeeter
Sergeant
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:21 pm
Location: Canada

Re: User Avatars

Post by Jeeter » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:26 pm

I'm gonna start making an avatar but for now the file size is just a wee bit too small for my liking. Any way that can be changed?

User avatar
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 am
Location: The Swamp
Contact:

Re: User Avatars

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Jeeter wrote:I'm gonna start making an avatar but for now the file size is just a wee bit too small for my liking. Any way that can be changed?
I'm diggin' your av Jeeter! :D

User avatar
Jeeter
Sergeant
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:21 pm
Location: Canada

Re: User Avatars

Post by Jeeter » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:00 am

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:
Jeeter wrote:I'm gonna start making an avatar but for now the file size is just a wee bit too small for my liking. Any way that can be changed?
I'm diggin' your av Jeeter! :D
I'll probably be keeping this one as my avatar for most of the fall/winter. I tried to find out who made them but I can't seem to find the original site. I used these for the Corner Gas forums a few years ago. So cool! I like yours too. Btw, the logo for the forum is awesome. Couldn't be better

EDIT: Scratch that idea, I'm using one I made for now. If you can't read it, it says "Fine leather scares me"

User avatar
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 am
Location: The Swamp
Contact:

Re: User Avatars

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Jeeter wrote: EDIT: Scratch that idea, I'm using one I made for now. If you can't read it, it says "Fine leather scares me"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reminds me of...

RHODEN: Here's something nobody can resist... stag films, guaranteed to make a grown man blush... *To Radar* Probably KILL you.
RADAR: :o

User avatar
RJ
General of the Army
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat May 14, 2011 7:26 pm
Contact:

Re: User Avatars

Post by RJ » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:56 pm

I have doubled the file size for avatars from 6kB to 12kB. I really have no idea what would be a good limit; if the size limit is too high, pages here will take longer to load. So we will continue to play it by ear.

User avatar
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel
Posts: 534
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 10:57 am
Location: The Swamp
Contact:

Re: User Avatars

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:24 pm

RJ wrote:I have doubled the file size for avatars from 6kB to 12kB. I really have no idea what would be a good limit; if the size limit is too high, pages here will take longer to load. So we will continue to play it by ear.
I think 12 is okay so far, I haven't had much problems.

But on the subject of avs, lovin' your new one townsbg! :mrgreen:

User avatar
townsbg
Sergeant
Posts: 68
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: User Avatars

Post by townsbg » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:10 pm

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:But on the subject of avs, lovin' your new one townsbg! :mrgreen:
Yes I like it too. :mrgreen:

Post Reply