User Ranks

Important information about the forums can be found here. Be sure to read any and all posts made here. Members can also post questions and make suggestions.
RJ
General of the Army

User Ranks

Post by RJ »

When I was setting up the forums I had the option of setting user ranks that would correspond to a certain number of posts. I thought I had put together six or seven ranks based on the U.S. Army but it turns out I only set up three:
  • Private - 0 Posts
  • Corporal - 25 Posts
  • Sergeant - 50 Posts
Has anyone noticed the ranks? You can find your current rank in your profile or under your user image. I did a quick search and did not see any discussion. Is this something people would like to be continued? Any thoughts?
Mash4Ever
Sergeant

Re: User Ranks

Post by Mash4Ever »

I Like It It's Nice!
From A Big Alan Alda Wayne Rogers Mash Fan Kirsten

RIP Harry Morgan 1915-2011

Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

• 1st Lieutenant - 75 Posts
  • 2nd Lieutenant - 100 Posts
  • Captain - 200 Posts
  • Major - 500 Posts
  • Lieutenant Colonel - 1,000 Posts
Then, maybe Colonel could be reserved for moderators, and General reserved for yourself RJ, just some thoughts/
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I finally got around to updating the user ranks as follows:
  • 0 - Private
  • 25 - Corporal
  • 50 - Sergeant
  • 75 - Second Lieutenant
  • 100 - First Lieutenant
  • 200 - Captain
  • 300 - Major
  • 400 - Lieutenant Colonel
  • 500 - Colonel
  • 750 - Brigadier General
  • 1000 - Major General
  • 1500 - Lieutenant General
  • 2000 - General
  • Administrator - General of the Army
SteveF
Private

Post by SteveF »

Just a suggestion regarding ranks from a new member. How would it be to add an additional rank of "Corporal-Captain?" I thought this would be a great new rank taken from the episode, "Welcome to Korea" where Hawkeye and Radar speed to catch Trapper before his departure and meet the new Doctor B.J. They decide to have a drink at the Officer's Club and pin a Captains Bars on Radar's hat so he can get into the O.C. When Radar mentions his Corporal strips on his shirt, Hawkeye says to say it's an experimental rank of Corporal-Captain.
“It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity.”
--Albert Einstein
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

SteveF wrote:Just a suggestion regarding ranks from a new member. How would it be to add an additional rank of "Corporal-Captain?" I thought this would be a great new rank taken from the episode, "Welcome to Korea" where Hawkeye and Radar speed to catch Trapper before his departure and meet the new Doctor B.J. They decide to have a drink at the Officer's Club and pin a Captains Bars on Radar's hat so he can get into the O.C. When Radar mentions his Corporal strips on his shirt, Hawkeye says to say it's an experimental rank of Corporal-Captain.
A great idea. Where do you think Corporal-Captain should fit? Perhaps in between Corporal and Sergeant? Or between Captain and Major?
kkt
Sergeant

Post by kkt »

Well, it would have to be an officer's rank, because they used it to get Radar into the Officer's Club. I had thought of it as between 1st Lieutenant and Captain, but I don't think it actually said in the episode.