Bachmann M*A*S*H Train Set

One of the more unusual pieces of M*A*S*H memorabilia is the Bachmann HO scale train set. I’m not a model train person so read this Wikipedia page for some information about the “HO scale.” I’m not exactly sure when this set was released but according to Tony Cook’s HO-Scale Trains Resource it was featured in Bachmann’s 1983 catalog, meaning it was likely available in 1983-1984. It features a 45″ x 36″ oval track and 89 pieces, including five train cars, a plastic jeep, a plastic helicopter, a water tower, 10 cardboard buildings, 48 plastic figurines and paper to be used as a mountain backdrop. According to Toy Soldier HQ Inc, the figurines were not special army people but the regular Bachmann train figurine set made up of 24 men, women and children, in both white and green.

Bachmann M*A*S*H Train Set
Bachmann M*A*S*H Train Set

One of these sets sold on eBay a few weeks ago for $296.01. It seems that the train cars themselves were released separately and can often be found for sale on eBay. If there are any model train enthusiasts reading this know anything about the Bachmann HO scale train set for M*A*S*H, please add your thoughts in the comments.

• Raymond says:

where to by this train set

• Ronald j Costello says:

I have two of the trains one complete set with box, One set just of the train. The train with the box is in mint condition runs perfectly. I will be putting it on E bay soon along with 3 other train sets all in one package the bid starting price will be $195.00 plus 45.00 shipping. Box is not in good shape.

• Steven Stair says:

Please let me know when your selling a train set.im very interested..

• Debi says:

A box that size with 89 pc set compound, shipped properly will cost way more than $45.00?! Unless you own or work for a company shipping for you …

• Debi Riquier says:

I have the set new in box (plastic wrapped) never opened. Looking to sell. Any takers? Make an offer

• Lincoln says:

What are you looking to get out of it? Do you take Venmo? I am very interested in your set.

Please let me know.

Lincoln McGuire
        [email protected]

• Paul says:

debi do you still have your set for sale?
        paul

• Debi Riquier says:

• Debi Riquier says:

Yes, l still have the set. Make me an offer, and of course you would pay for s&h l will take cashiers check only. I don’t6ji

• paul says:

hey debi, I’m sorry that I didn’t respond sooner, I was on vacation for a couple of weeks and I just got life back in order. If you still have your set, I am still interested.
        Thanks much,
        Paul

• oatis says:

You can buy it from me. But only if you want a BRAND NEW set with all pieces in original packaging, original paperwork in good shape, and everything still in its original box. It’s been in my father’s attic with other train sets in a larger box for almost 35 years!

The box is open so I took some pictures for those interested. The only knock is a few spots of surface damage to the box but nothing too bad and no tears. I take PayPal only and including shipping I want $400. E-mail me if you’re serious. Thanks for reading.

-oatis
      [email protected]

• Cheryl Walker says:

What is the complete et worth ??

• Debi says:

I have this set NIB sealed. Will entertain offers. Buyer responsible for shipping costs.

• Marcus says:

Can you let me know if you still have this available and what you’re thinking on pricing?

Do the cars come with it?

• Shannon says:

wow this is idealistic i want one where do u find and how much

• David Lambert says:

I have this set! Never taken out of box, perfect condition. The box itself
    was ruined with tape by movers. I would entertain offers if any are interested.

• Timothy Newman says:

I have this set too all pieces. Box is a little beat up but no tape. I can send pics if inerested

• Jason says:

I have this set, been sitting in my dad’a garage for the last 35 or so years. Box isn’t in great condition.

• John says:

I have the mash train set still in it’s original box box is in excellent condition and never been open so what might it be worth ive had it since 1989

• Oatis says:

I have one New in the original box that is available. The box is in pretty good shape too but not perfect. It’s been protected in a larger box in my father’s attic for 30 years. Message me for details or to make am offer.
    [email protected].

• Mike says:

I have the same set in box box very good condition never opened still in manufactures plastic am looking for $300 or best offer buyer responsible for shipping cost

• Debi Riquier says:

Mike the set sold on eBay 10 years ago! I think the value would be more now, no?

• Debi Riquier says: