4077th Camp Model

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
irocer
Private

4077th Camp Model

Post by irocer » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:02 am

Hello, I am new your group. I am a MASH fan and model builder. I joined this group to hopefully find info on the MASH sets (sizes, details) so I can create a model in 1/35th scale. To this point I have found may images across the web but little info on exact sizes of things. I did find the Swamp was 16' square and that will help with all the other things to come.

I hope to create as accurate as possible model of the 4077th, so any help or info anyone can give is greatly appreciated.

The very first item being built is a 1/35 old 2 1/2 cargo truck- will likely be set in the motor pool area, next I will attempt a scratch built Swamp and try to prefect the making of the tents.

Thanks!

RJ
General of the Army

Re: 4077th Camp Model

Post by RJ » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Unfortunately, I don't have any information to offer about the size of any of the buildings seen on M*A*S*H

I can tell you that Revell released three 1/35th scale M*A*S*H model kits in (I think) the mid-1990s. You may about them already. Here are some images from various eBay auctions:

revell_swamp.jpg
revell_swamp.jpg (66.37 KiB) Viewed 398 times
revell_medical.jpg
revell_medical.jpg (80.67 KiB) Viewed 398 times
revell_chopper.jpg
revell_chopper.jpg (80.47 KiB) Viewed 398 times

Even if you want to build your own model of the 4077th, maybe these can help with the scale of things if you can buy them cheap enough.