Trying to find an ephisode

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Catherine Bennet
Private

Trying to find an ephisode

Post by Catherine Bennet »

It is the one where Radar slams down the phone frustrated saying something like... "where do they get these kids!" The person he was talking to was only on the phone for a few hours and were new??? Anyone remember that?
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: Trying to find an ephisode

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

That would be "Out of Gas" from Season Seven: the 4077th is dangerously of pentothol (anesthesia), so Radar's trying to scrounge some by getting in touch with a contact with him, only to find that he's on R&R and this rooky is on the radio (and apparently the rooky's commanding officer is a rooky himself).

"Hi Kenny, it's Radar, I... huh? Where's Kenny? Tokyo? Okay, maybe you can help me, this is 4077th... 4077th MASH... how long have you been over here? Two hours and you're on the radio already?! (Under his breath) A rooky! (Back on the phone) Listen, we need some pentothol... PENTOTHOL... it's an anthanes, an anatha... it's stuff that makes you go to sleep! Whaddya mean you can't give me any, you don't know what it is! Can I speak to your C.O. please? His name is Colonel Hooten? (Drops phone) Why do they send these kids?!"
Catherine Bennet
Private

Re: Trying to find an ephisode

Post by Catherine Bennet »

That's IT! Thank you! Been scratching my head trying to remember. I thought it might have been that show. I just knew that Radar was looking for something.