40th Anniversary Discussion Thread

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
RJ
General of the Army

40th Anniversary Discussion Thread

Post by RJ »

The 40th anniversary is three months away. Please use this thread to discuss anything and everything relating to the anniversary, including ideas for ways to celebrate or news/rumors about any commemorative events.

For the record, as far as I know there have been absolutely no announcements of any kind concerning an official celebration like the 30th Anniversary Reunion Special (wow -- hard to believe it has been almost ten years since that was broadcast). I would venture to guess that TV Land and/or Me-TV will air a marathon around the anniversary but there's no guarantee that even that will happen. Certainly there will be articles of some sort and likely some mention made in the news on September 17th, but that might be it.

Here at M*A*S*H4077TV.com, I have some plans (including a giveaway -- you heard it here first) for the 40th. If I can figure out the logistics, would anyone be interested in an viewing party/live chat of the pilot from 8-8:30PM ET on Monday, September 17th?
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: 40th Anniversary Discussion Thread

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

Oh, I've been anticipating the 40th anniversary since January, lol!

I don't know what exactly is going on or anything, but I would assume because M*A*S*H was such a big show, that had such a lasting impact on pop culture, that surely, any kind of special acknowledgements would take place on or around it's anniversary this year. If not, here's what my current plan is: September 17 falls on a Monday this year... not exactly the best day to try and do anything, so I think I may actually stay awake all weekend long the preceding weekend, crank out the DVDs, and watch every episode (uncut and in superior quality), plus the reunion specials, and what have you, all weekend long... of course, I'll probably be a wreck come Monday, but it may be worth it. :P

And sure, I'd be game for a live chat party! :mrgreen: :geek: :hawkeye: :bj: :potter: :margaret: :charles: :radar: :klinger: :mulcahy:
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

We're more than a month away from M*A*S*H's 40 anniversary, any word yet if anything big is going to happen?

If not, then I may still go ahead with my mass-weekend plan that will probably result in my being dead by the following Monday, lol.
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

I have not heard anything but you have to think TV Land and Me-TV will at the very least have some sort of marathon.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

My cable provider does not carry Me-TV, so I wouldn't know... but yeah, maybe even Hallmark Channel since it seems like the only time they ever play M*A*S*H anymore is for random weekend marathons (same with I Love Lucy).
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

With the 40th anniversary looming ever closer, I'm getting really anxious to know what's going on, so I did some Googling today to see if I could find any information of what may happen, and I've found nothing. I have found, however, that there are plenty of others out there who would like to see a new reunion special for the occasion, which would be nice.

Still, like you've said RJ, more than likely, we'll see some marathons and such on these channels. I still think I'll partake in my blitzkrieg weekend though, that way, I can the episodes in superior quality, uncut, and without annoying commercials.