How many letters did "Hawkeye" send to his father???

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
drjoey1986
Private

How many letters did "Hawkeye" send to his father???

Post by drjoey1986 »

plz i need to know this question urgently if anyone knows it: How many letters did "Hawkeye" send to his father during these 251 episodes that he starred ? plz
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: How many letters did "Hawkeye" send to his father???

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

There were three episodes dedicated to Hawkeye writing home to his father, so there's three to start off with.

Then there was an episode where he made a tape recording for him, so that brings it up to four.'

In one episode, Hawkeye mentions his father sent him a pair of long-johns, "Right I after I wrote him I'd be home for Christmas, whether Truman said I could or not," so there's five.

The Pilot Episode begins with us hearing hearing what he was writing to his father, so there's six.

I think there were two episodes where he called his father on the phone.

In the finale, he tries to write a letter home, but can't decide how he wants to explain being in the psych ward, so that was never sent; in another episode, he tries to figure out how he would explain suddenly owning Young-Hi if he wrote to him about her, which was never sent either.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, so that gives us five letters, one tape recording, and two phone calls.