Help with MASH Trivia

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
pinkpagoda
Private

Help with MASH Trivia

Post by pinkpagoda »

Does anyone know the entire "script" by Hawkeye during the Episode "Dear Sigmund" where he acts like Groucho Marx?

It starts with "Nurse Nurse" - "did you call me Dr" - "Why would I call you doctor? I'm the surgeon." And ends up with something about his watch running slow....
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Re: Help with MASH Trivia

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I'm sure it went something like this...

HAWKEYE: Good evening ladies and germs, sorry I'm late, but my watch stopped. It HAD to, it'd be running fast all week! *Laughs, looks at a patient's chart* Is this the foist time you been pregnant?
PATIENT: :mrgreen:
HAWKEYE: *Checks pulse* How long have you had that problem in your wrist? NOIS! NOIS!
NURSE: Did you call me doctor?
HAWKEYE: Why should I call YOU doctor, I'm the surgeon!
pinkpagoda
Private

Post by pinkpagoda »

Thank you so very much BDOR!! I answer questions on allexperts.com for Mash, and I have on my profile, that I may not know the answer, but I will get it! I may have these questions from time to time, and I have given you full credit in my answer for the quote!! You rock!
Ampersand
Private

Post by Ampersand »

While we're on the subject of M*A*S*H trivia, this has been driving me crazy: from what episode does Hawkeye's sing "They asked me how I knew her brassiere was blue" to the tune of "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes"?
townsbg
Sergeant

Post by townsbg »

I have no idea. :?
Last edited by townsbg on Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I THINK it's probably "The Abduction of Margaret Houlihan" (5x07), because I remember Hawkeye was cut off in his song by gunshot, and Frank had accidentally shot B.J. in the leg...

FRANK: I was cleaning my weapon, and it discharged prematurely -- sir, I think the Chinese have captured Major Houlihan!
POTTER: So naturally, you shot Captain Hunnicutt.
Mrs Tuttle
Corporal

Post by Mrs Tuttle »

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:I THINK it's probably "The Abduction of Margaret Houlihan" (5x07), because I remember Hawkeye was cut off in his song by gunshot, and Frank had accidentally shot B.J. in the leg...

FRANK: I was cleaning my weapon, and it discharged prematurely -- sir, I think the Chinese have captured Major Houlihan!
:lol: One of my favourite episodes, and favourite lines.. Cracks me up :lol:
Never insult 7 men when all you have is a 6 shooter
Ampersand
Private

Post by Ampersand »

Big Daddy O'Reilly wrote:I THINK it's probably "The Abduction of Margaret Houlihan" (5x07), because I remember Hawkeye was cut off in his song by gunshot, and Frank had accidentally shot B.J. in the leg...

Ah...thanks!

I had thought it was from the Trapper/Henry era, but I guess not.