Hi!

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
JocularityGirl
Corporal

Hi!

Post by JocularityGirl »

Hi, I just joined the forum today, I posted a bit, but forgot to introduce myself...here goes.
Nationality: American ( Texan)
Favorite Actor: William Christopher
Favorite Characters: Father Mulcahy and Colonel Flagg.
Favorite episodes: "Nurse Doctor" and "Rally Around the Flagg, Boys".
Favorite Line of all time: Father Mulcahy: "She hugged the stuffing out of me!"
Father Mulcahy: "A faith of convience is a hollow faith."
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Re: Hi!

Post by Brass Monkeys »

Hi Jg! It would take me forever to correctly spell your name! I like it!. I am fairly new to this site. It is not as busy as I had hoped for. I am new to this kind of forum. I had posted a previous question of where my name " brass monkeys" came from. RJ was the only response. He knows. I think RJ can lead us to a more interactive site. To RJ, I see old questions posted with your up to date questions. What's up with that? I will post a question to you personally on general discussions.
JocularityGirl
Corporal

Post by JocularityGirl »

Hi, Brass Monkeys! I knew the answer. It was from Crisis. I thought I posted the answer in the proper place, but I suppose I didn't. Thank you for replying!
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

'Crisis' episode

Post by Brass Monkeys »

Hi! I think you may be right, but I don't remember the episode name. My book is very general as to what this episode is about. Do you remember the setting, and why "brass monkeys" was said?
JocularityGirl
Corporal

Post by JocularityGirl »

Yes, I do. All the boys (Hawk, Trap, The Padre, Frank, ect.) were all stuffed into the Swamp like sardines due to a supply shortage and a need to double up. The line was delivered by Henry to Frank upon the former's return from the latrine.
Henry says, "Excuse me, Burns. Better keep the brass monkeys in tonight."
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Post by Brass Monkeys »

Give that lady a Cheroot!! ( I Probably spelled it wrong). The line not only obviously refers to a males anatomy, but do you think it refers to the top' brass' running the war, or a rich persons estate where they may have had small statues of monkeys on the front porch, or both? I think it`s all of the above. I am amazed that you knew the whole sentence. I don`t even remember that Henry was speaking to Frank!
JocularityGirl
Corporal

Post by JocularityGirl »

Thank you! :D
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Are you still out there?

Post by Brass Monkeys »

I haven`t seen a post from you for a while. Maybe a spam ham is what you need!
JocularityGirl
Corporal

Post by JocularityGirl »

Hi, Brass Monkeys. I'm fine, just busy with life. Thanks for your concern. God bless.
Brass Monkeys
Corporal

Post by Brass Monkeys »

Why so busy? Do you take the time to stop and smell the roses growing over the old latrine?