2018 DVD set

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
PaulW
Private

2018 DVD set

Post by PaulW »

Does anyone know if this set includes the feature to turn off the laugh tracks?

https://www.mash4077tv.com/2018/11/new- ... available/
RJ
General of the Army

Re: 2018 DVD set

Post by RJ »

According to this review at Amazon, yes:
One nice feature is the ability to disable the laugh track that was originally broadcast with the series on TV.
I actually prefer to watch the episodes this way. But to do this is very awkward. Turning the Laugh Track On/Off is a Global setting that applies to all the episodes on each disk. However, the DVD's were designed such that the disks Global Language settings are buried at the bottom menu layer of each episode. I've seen better DVD menu design come out of a first year community college media communications class. That said, I'd still recommend the collection for anyone who doesn't putting up with the poor disk design to watch a classic American TV show,
MarkCori
Private

Post by MarkCori »

That's why I bought the DVDs. I feel more enjoyable when turning off the laugh track.
Blogs: here or here
Keith1980
Private

Post by Keith1980 »

I highly suggest looking on ebay if you need the dvds. I was lucky enough to find a collectors box of the original martinis collection. That came with t shirt and dog tags. Brand new never opened. Ive opened it tho lol. Never used it tho. Just looked thru it and put it away. Its a nice keep sake.