If you were a castaway on a desert Island what 6 M.A.S.H characters would you want with you and why?

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Nanoose
Private

If you were a castaway on a desert Island what 6 M.A.S.H characters would you want with you and why?

Post by Nanoose »

Radar because he would know if a boat or plan was in the area and we could get a signal fire going. Klinger because he would help me keep in mind that there is no place like home and anything is worth a try to get back home even if it means putting on fuzzy pink slippers and gilding there on a kite. Igor because he could cook (I can't). Rosy because she comes with a bar. Sherman Pottor because he would be a hoot plus he would have survival skills. And finally Frank Burns just in case there were natives on the island and I could have fun teaching them to say - Frank Burns eats worms. Cheers and happy weekend!
The rain falls on the rivers and trees and we live by the Golden rule. But a hard road can bring us all to our knees and we can die by our own point of view.
Ranger
Corporal

Re: If you were a castaway on a desert Island what 6 M.A.S.H characters would you want with you and why?

Post by Ranger »

Sydney because I'd probably need a therapist being stuck on an desert island and he'd be calm in a crisis, Radar because he is resourceful, Potter because of his survival skills, Klinger because he can sew, BJ because he's a good doctor and doesn't have the ego of Hawkeye and Charles and lastly, purely for shallow reasons Trapper because he's cute.
kkt
Sergeant

Re: If you were a castaway on a desert Island what 6 M.A.S.H characters would you want with you and why?

Post by kkt »

How about Colonel Flagg insead of Trapper. Trapper isn't my type and if we have BJ we don't need a second doctor. However, the 8th Army would be very concerned if Colonel Flagg got lost. They'd do whatever it took to rescue him, and they'd find all of us along the way.
Nanoose
Private

Post by Nanoose »

The 8th army would go out of it's way to find Flagg so he would increase your chances of getting rescued. But until that day you would have no privacy - Flagg would make listening devisees and telescopes out of coconuts so he could spy on you. Cheers!
The rain falls on the rivers and trees and we live by the Golden rule. But a hard road can bring us all to our knees and we can die by our own point of view.
BeccaLeo1972
Private

Post by BeccaLeo1972 »

B.J.. Trapper, Potter, Radar, Margaret, and Klinger. Each character has a specific skill, talent, and ability to survive and cope with tough situations. They are smart, capable, focused, and have a fundamental faith. Potter and Margaret would organize things using their military training/common sense. B.J. and Trapper are excellent doctors with a calm/reasonable approach plus they have great senses of humor. Radar/Klinger for their perceptiveness, hard work ethic, resourcefulness, common sense survival and being smart about life.
HotLipsy
Private

Post by HotLipsy »

Father Mulcahey, because I think he's well-educated, so would be interesting to converse with for however long (and he would have a direct hotline to Him, which might help us get rescued sooner!)

Sidney, for the therapy, and the good discussions also.

Col. Potter, to memorialize the experience for posterity in paints. And to deal with any horses we come across.

Klinger for resourcefulness and his sewing capabilities.

Charles, for his medical expertise and to bring some culture to our living conditions.

Pre-mustache B.J. for humor and doctoring without the increasing whininess of post-stache B.J.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

At least Charles, because I could eat him since he's plump and juicy; Klinger would be too tough and stringy (and certainly too hairy).

Wonder if anyone would understand the reference.