(02x18) 042 - Operation Noselift

Talk about individual episodes here. Every episode has its own discussion thread and there are also threads for each season.

Rate This Episode

Best of the best
No votes
Above average
100%
Average
No votes
Below average
No votes
Worst of the worst
No votes

Total votes: 1

RJ
General of the Army

(02x18) 042 - Operation Noselift

Post by RJ »

Use this thread to discuss episode 02x18, Operation Noselift.
Crabapple Cove
Private

Re: (02x18) 042 - Operation Noselift

Post by Crabapple Cove »

Watching this episode today I noticed a couple of things:

1. The opening scene shows a shot of the outside of Col. Blake's tent but then immediately moves to inside Blake's office where he is dictating to Radar. I guess the Director wanted an establishing shot, but figured the outside of company headquarters would not be as clear as showing Blake's tent with the sign outside?

2. Todd Susman (who played Private Danny "big nose" Baker) is listed on IMDB as uncredited PA Announcer in the 1977 episode Grim Reaper, but his voice sounds very familiar. Does any know if he also served as the PA Announcer in other episodes?
RJ
General of the Army

Post by RJ »

Crabapple Cove wrote:2. Todd Susman (who played Private Danny "big nose" Baker) is listed on IMDB as uncredited PA Announcer in the 1977 episode Grim Reaper, but his voice sounds very familiar. Does any know if he also served as the PA Announcer in other episodes?
Susman was one of the regular PA announcers throughout the series along with Sal Viscuso (who appeared in three episodes). A third voice actor, Jimmy Lydon, did some of the announcements during the first season.
Crabapple Cove
Private

Post by Crabapple Cove »

RJ wrote:
Crabapple Cove wrote:2. Todd Susman (who played Private Danny "big nose" Baker) is listed on IMDB as uncredited PA Announcer in the 1977 episode Grim Reaper, but his voice sounds very familiar. Does any know if he also served as the PA Announcer in other episodes?
Susman was one of the regular PA announcers throughout the series along with Sal Viscuso (who appeared in three episodes). A third voice actor, Jimmy Lydon, did some of the announcements during the first season.
Thanks for the confirmation! :trapper:
Mr Kwong
Corporal

Post by Mr Kwong »

For some reason, this episode doesn't sit right with me. It isn't terrible, but there's a silliness to it that reminds me of season 1. plus Todd Sussmann's prosthetic nose looks completely phony..