M*A*S*H ambient recording?

Talk about all things M*A*S*H -- the novel, the film, the television series, even the play. Not to mention the spin-offs, merchandise, cast, crew and anything else you can think of to talk about.
Baz
Private

M*A*S*H ambient recording?

Post by Baz »

I really enjoy listening to ambient recordings of my favourite films and shows when I go to sleep, does any one know of, or has anyone made there own M*A*S*H MP3 ambient recording (basic camp sounds, vehicles pulling up, general announcements, helicopter flyby, voices walking past, etc). I've found projects from other people on youtube for 2001 and Bladerunner, but I would really love a M*A*S*H one.
I'm going to try making one, if I can figure out how to edit the few and far between sound bits from the movie and show.
Anyone up to the challenge?
Watching 40+ yrs and still going strong, :potter:
Baz.
RJ
General of the Army

Re: M*A*S*H ambient recording?

Post by RJ »

Being able to watch the episodes on DVD without the laugh track will make it easier to isolate ambient sounds.
Big Daddy O'Reilly
Colonel

Post by Big Daddy O'Reilly »

I've kind of done something similar a while back. I built a scale model of Sesame Street in 2001 (and it still stands today, albeit all kinds of maintenence and overhauls over the years), but it's only been within the last four years or so that I recorded ambience for it, though I didn't really use any audio from the show, but rather, I mixed a couple of recording myself: a day one and a night one, both 16 minutes long. The day recording contains a loop of a bird chirping with distant traffic in the background, mixed with the sounds of kids playing in a playground; the night recording has soft cricket chirping, with an occasional car, truck, or subway train passing by... peppered throughout with Big Bird's snoring. I've also had a generic CD with spooky sound effects that I've used for Halloween for years, and last year, I did winter recordings, with the day recording taken from a YouTube video of someone in Manhattan filming traffic caused by snow and ice from his/her apartment window, and the night recording being a loop of breeze and wind whistling.
Baz
Private

Post by Baz »

Great Idea, without the laugh track! I didn't think of it, I guess because I grew up in Scotland, they did not broadcast M*A*S*H with one. Lucky us!
Baz.